cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing barcode from locl printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can print barcode from printers set up in sap but not from the same printer if we select locl. as per sap note 14561, Barcode printing is not supported directly with Frontend printing.

It seems in order to print from locl printer, we need to buy some barcode.dll files. Has anyone able to print barcodes w/o using these dll files. These files are a bit expensive as they contain software to design barcodes also. In our case barcode is already designed in sap and we just want to print it. any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jassi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashok,

we are able to print barcodes on the printers that are set up in sap. Issue is when we print on the locl printer. To be more clear, I have a printer which is set up in sap as 'SAP-1'. The same printer is my local printer. While printing if I select 'SAP-1', it prints barcode, but if I select LOCL as printer(even though physically the printer is same), It does not print the barcode.

We have some printers in field which can not be set up in sap. That's why we want some solution that can print barcodes on a locl printer.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jassi kkr

I am going through out the same problem . Have you solve it ? How?

Thanks,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jassi, what system are you on? Also am I correct in assuming that you are using a SmartForm? I am on ECC 5 and I am able to print a barcode to LOCL without a problem.

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Davis,

We are on ECC 6.0. Have you bought any barcode.dll file for your locl printers or any other specifi settings...

Thanks,

Jassi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jassi, no we do not have an .ddl files for the locl printers. The printer that I used successfully was a Xerox Workcentre laser printer. I do not have the model number right now. Have you tried encoding the barcode with a different type? I am currently using 128.

Davis