cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns for Third-Party Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

Could anybody give a step by step procedure for How does Returns take place in Third party Sales?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran Kumar,

Hope to get you the link for Third party material returns.

Regards,

S.Ravi Kumar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

If the requirement is very critical, pls. let me know. I have a solution for this. But, this involved some enhancements which your business should be prepared for.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see for any sales process their should be returns like wise there is returns for THIRD party sales also. In returns process the Item category we use is TASG . with ref. to the incoming Invoice we can return to the vendor. after then returns PGR . & then credit memo request.

bye

satya narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satya,

according to the SAP note 751609 this process is oficially not supported by SAP. Please read the note 751609. It is the official statement of SAP to this topic.

Sorry and kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akmal Vakhidov

i need a copy of this note can u plz send me at (anilmi2(at)gmail(dot)com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

officially the return process is not supported by standard SAP ERP system for the third-party process (SAP note 751609). This functionality was never designed and is not supported.

The note 751609 is the official statement of SAP to this problem.

I am sorry, I cannot give you another response. Nevertheless I hope that this information helps you further.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support IMS SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Was thinking of an alternative and came up with this thought. Not very sure if this process would help thou.

We could take the stock in to our plant using the return order, like any other normal return process and then return the goods to the vendor, just like how we would return goods to our vendor incase they are damanged.

Later a credit memo request could be raised for the customer and returning goods to the vendor would be taken care by the MM consultant

Give me your thoughts..

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nadarajah,

thank you for your information. But I can only confirm again that officially this process is not supported by SAP. There have been many attempts to bring this functionality into the standard ( as the SAP employee working in this area I know this very well), but there have been always some technical problems or limitations which would do it impossible to release this functionality to the customer. The returns for the third-party order is therefore officially a not supported process at SAP ERP. The SAP note above documents this.

Be careful with workarounds, they can have many critical restrictions or limitations here. I am sorry that I cannot give you a more positive response.

But I hope that this info helps a little bit further.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support IMs SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear AKmal,

I appreciate your effort and time for the info.

Thanks

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Akmal,

Thanks for your info... can you pls tell us some more functionalities which SAP not supports...as particular to SD..

Thanks

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

there are many SD functionalities which SAP does not support. For example, in the third-party process: the third-party process is not supported for scheduling agreements with delivery schedules. The most not-supported cases are documented in the SAP consulting and FAQ notes. Unfortunately it is impossible to indicate all SD processes which are not supported in one short response.

And honestly to say, in the frames of my response above I wanted only to answer the question of our colleague concerning returns in the third-party process to help him further. I hope on your understanding.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD IMS, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick response..

where i can see all those documents which SAP doesnt support... give me some links.. so that i can read...

Thanks again..

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

all SAP consulting and FAQ notes are available in SAP Marketplace (also note 751609).

I hope, this info helps.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support IMs SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Akmal..

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the response, I had furthur more doubts regarding some of the functionalities that I doubt SAP would support. If possible try to solve...

Consignment in Third-Party Sales

Cash Sales,Rush Order, Invoice Correction Request in Third-Party Sales

Free-Of-Charge Subsequent Delivery in Third Party Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

i heard that there is no third party returns recomonded by SAP.

i have never come across.

reagrds

sriram.