cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

svc dsk and charms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any order to setup change request management and service desk?

do we have to setup svc dsk before charms?

From SPRO i have taken the following to setup CHarms. Is there any specific advise from those who already completed the Charms setup?

1- General -Activate BC Sets

2- Configure TMS settings

3- Run program SAPLSCMA in Solman and delete line, and add one. Access key req'd

4- create an index for SCMATREE

5- create number ranges for /tmwflow/m, tmwflow/d, tmwflow/v

(that is 0000000 to 99999999)

6 - Maintain critical objects - select system/client where u want to perform critical transports

7- configure charms reporting - Activate - TMWFLOW/CONFIG_SERVICES

8 - configure and activate cross system object locked

kindly reply..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehfil,

I need a favour, i am also trying to setup the CHARM and i need any sort of doc which you can point which says step by step as what you pointed earlier as you did so and so step.

In our scenario currently we have Dev Solution Manager 4.0 SP12. Can you do some sort of test scenario for showing how CHARM concept will work by creating another client in Dev SolMan by making it as Consolidation System or do we need a seperate landscape like Dev R3, Quality R/3 with Dev R/3 as domain controller and configure the CHARM from Dev Solution Manager. If so can you help me in any sort of doc and how to decide which one should be done first...

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mehfil,

To ensure that both scenario are correctly configured please follow the order given in the spro, basic settings must be done beforehand.

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u search this forum, this is the only answer u get... look in to SPRO !!

I knew this very much, and my question is -- Do i need to configure SVC DSK before CHange Req Mgmnt??

I have looked in to SPRO, as well had looked in the help and PDF, but it doesnt say anywhere abt which should go first..

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mehfil,

The answer is yes! you need to perform the customizing activities for Service Desk before the activity "Activate Integration with Change Request Management" as Sevice desk messages can be the initial point to created a Change request.

After you can customize the scenario specific settings for Change request management without perform the customize of Service Desk scenario specific settings.

I mean, the basis setting for Service Desk goes first to any Change Request basis configuration.

I hope this helps,

Dolores