cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when ever i m creating a PO and display the details using the preview(smartform is called) it is working fine for all vendors with language defined to them as EN...but when i changed the language of the vendor as some other language and creating the PO with that vendor it is unable to open the preview(smartform is unable to open the PO)..it is giving the error as " Enter a Printer"...

Pls help...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth,

You can output purchasing documents without the message determination facility. In this case, you must not assign any message determination schemas to the the individual purchasing documents (RFQ, purchase order, etc.). The system then generates a message of the type NEU (new) for each document to be outputted. To determine the printer, the system first checks the settings for the purchasing group. If no printer has been maintained there, it checks the user parameter. If no printer has been specified there either, the system checks the fixed value for the user. If no printer has been specified, the system does not generate a message record.

See

Go to System -> User Profile -> Own Data -> Under Defaults tab enter the printer name in field Output Device

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Naveen.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please try this -></b>

Using SE18 Transaction, You can use badi (BADI definition : <b>BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF</b> ) to manage printer for each purchaser. You have to check if smartform is enabled for this.

The Internet Explorer ( IE interface) does not allow you to use the 'Default Printer' definition as when you're using the SAPGUI.

In a SAP system (SRM, R/3, ...) when you define a 'default printer', the idea is to have an 'abstract' definition in the system, and when the user uses this printer through the SAPGUI, it is the SAPGUI that is targeting the user default printer (defined localy on the user PC or laptop in windows).

So for your need you have 3 possibilities:

1-define all the user printers in the system and assign them to the users (either in the Org plan, or with the BADI mentioned by Bertrand)

==> Consider it means a high workload and maintenance

2-use the preview function and print the PO locally through Acrobat Reader

==> You'll have to modify the preview form to erase the PREVIEW mention

3-customize the PO to be sent to the purchaser by email, and then the purchaser will be abble to print it and fax it

==> You'll have to customize the conditional edition, and probably change the recipient determination

<u>Related links -></u>

<u>Hope this will help. Do let me know.</u>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having exactly the same issue and I'm desperate...

What does that mean? All printer attributes are maintained.

If I select any other language than German or English the Error occurs..

Regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth,

Go to Transaction NACE -> Choose EF (Purchase Order) -> Click on Condition Records -> Choose NEU -> Choose proper radio button -> Check the languages you have given.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I dont think if i give a printer name my problem will be solved...It is determined based on the vendor info...and one more thing is there is no NACE transaction in SRM...

Thx