cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 4.6c to ECC6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an query. W have a client who is currently on 4.6 c . Its in upgrade study mode. So according to the client they are using inbuilt Business connectors in 4.6c.

1)So i want to know was business connectors part of 4.6 c.?

2)So when we go for upgade from 4.6c to ecc 6.0 . will the business conectors be available in SAP without using XI.

3) If 2nd is not possible then if we use XI as an integration tool then how we gonna upgrade from 4.6c business connectors to ecc 6.0

Kindly help me on this.

Regards

Saras Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saras,

These links will somehow help you in addressing your issues:

/people/amit.jain3/blog/2007/02/05/important-points-for-r3-upgrade-project

https://wwwn.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7436ba46-0d01-0010-dca3-c03c34b...

Regards,

Subhasha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

>> If 2nd is not possible then if we use XI as an integration tool then how we gonna upgrade from 4.6c business connectors to ecc 6.0

as far as only upgrade from 4.6 to 6.0 is concerned (i.e only within sap systems) that can be done without xi also. but integration landscape of the client will most likely have systems ither than sap. is it rite? then u can propose to integrate those systems with SAP using XI. as it will be very helful. If there are SAP and non-sap systems in landscape then the advantages of XI for integration become multifold.

hope it helps,

regards,

latika.