cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform table question

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I put the following in a text node inside a table cell will it only print if there is data in the field VBDPL-CHARG?

&'Batch 'VBDPL-CHARG&

I believe that is how it works in SAPScript but is it the same in SmartForms?

Regards,

Davis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

change as mentioned below and it will print the value in VBDPL-CHARG field even in smart forms also.

<b>Batch &VBDPL-CHARG&</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh, thanks but I am looking for a way, other than using a condition or an if statement, to only print <b>Batch</b>&VBDPL-CHARG& if there is a value in VBDPL-CHARG. Is there any way to do that in SmartForms (other than using a condition or if statement)?

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I ask why you don't want to put a condition in the text node?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't mind putting them in but I was wondering if there was a way around it. This one form serves about 8 different companies/organizations so, as you can imagine, there are many different requirements. There is, at least, 1 field that each company requires which is unique to that company. Therefore I will be adding conditions to many text nodes.

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see.

Using the conditions tab is probably the easiest way to go about it, but you may be able to make use of the Alternative node (which is basically an IF statement) depending on your exact requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no,that is not the way to do in smartform.