cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of External Ref. No field in service desk message???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In the service desk message(CRM message), there is a field "External reference No". I do understand that this field is used whenever a message is created from the satellite systems.

But when the messages are created from solman system, this field is not used.

The above is my understanding. Now my query is,

Is this field used in CHARM too? In CHARM, as per my understanding, the service desk message, change request & correction request are linked by Document Flow.

But would like to get confirmed that this "External reference No" field is not used anywhere for any other process except in the case of creating service desk messages from the satellite systems.

Can anybody confirm the same with any link or document pls?

Any inputs in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & best regds,

Alagammai.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Alagammai,

In our system,for all the support desk messages created,the same support desk no is copied to the external refernce number.

When we use ChaRM,which is originated from a support desk message this External number is copied to the Change request External number.So with that we can track CRs created from Support desk message.

Apart form this External reference number is not used anywhere.

Revert for any clarifiaction.

Thanks and Regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Tnx a lot for the info you provided.

Will you pls let me know from where you are raising your support desk messages?

Is it from the satellite systems?

(ii) Or is it from the solution manager system?

Becos, in our solman system, the external reference no. field is getting filled only when the messages are raised from the satellite system.

Have I missed anything during configuration of the service desk?

Quick reply will be of great help to me.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alagammai,

When we create a Support desk message from help or from satellite system,it will create a Basis message(DNO_NOTIF).During that instatnt it will copy the DNO_NOTIF number to external reference number.But if we create a support desk directly from CRMD_ORDER at that instant it will not create a basis notification and it will pick the internal number range.So there will be no basis notification and no external reference no.

Your configuartion is fine.Did you get a different number range when you create from SOLMAN than from satellite system?

Hope this information is usefull.

Revert for any clarification,

Regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Sorry for the late reply.

I am not creating the support desk message from crmd_order. But we create the support desk message from the test package, as our support desk messages need to be linked to the test packages. In this case, the actual transaction that gets executed for creating the support desk message is notif_create.

By creating messages in this way, we are getting both the ABA messages and the CRM messages created. But we are taking only the CRM messages for processing. The numbers are different for ABA messages and CRM messages.

The no. of the ABA message is similar to the number that is getting filled in the External reference no. field. The no. of the CRM message is different.

Any more inputs pls?

best regds,

Alagammai.