cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find a table in maxdb during SAP installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've got a problem during IDES installation on maxdb... to resolve the problem I have to look for a single table in maxdb (I get table name from file SAPSEXC.TSK - the table is: WDY_WINDOW).

I'am using "sql studio" but how can i find the single table that I look for?

Thanks a lot

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- connect as SAP with password SAP (or the password you gave during the installation if on NW2004s

- enter WDY* at the left corner and press on refresh

If the tables is not existing you won´t find it.

I´d though not fiddle on the database directly, what problem do you get during installation?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!!!

my problem is an import error during "import ABAP" fase... 1 job has failed and I can't procede furter... I have found a note that explain how to procede... (the note refers to a DB error due to a DB crash... before restart all the installation I'll try this)

Thanks again (here are my points).

David

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok

Before you restart the installation post the file SAPSEXC.log, maybe it´s sometihng known.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe this is usefull for other people in trouble...

Actually I see that many tables that are in SAPSSEXC.TSK are not present in DB. I delete file SAPSSEXC.TSK (but I can delete only tables that are not in DB) and retry import ABAP... the first attempt is failoure but i retry again and now import is running (SAP create a new file SAPSSEXC.TSK)...

my SAPSSEXC.log is not usefull because SAP append info about new import...

I read this procedure in a note (I don't remember the number)... is it correct?

Can I follow other procedure?

I hope it is usefull

David

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't want to hijack this thread, but please <b>make sure you connect with the correct user</b> when checking if the tables really exist on the database side, or not.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

I check the db using "superdba"... isn't the correct user?

another question: the import (after few hours) eat a lot of space on DB... can I add new volume to te DB "on the fly" (i.e. during the import)?

It's normal that the DB is > 220GB (ERP IDES unicode)? The installation routine has proposed me to reserve 220GB for data volume and 2GB for log... why the installation is importing more data than installation routine have reserved? (sorry for my english...)

Thanks

David

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I check the db using "superdba"... isn't the correct

> user?

No - see my fist post

> another question: the import (after few hours) eat a

> lot of space on DB... can I add new volume to te DB

> "on the fly" (i.e. during the import)?

Yes, that should work

> It's normal that the DB is > 220GB (ERP IDES

> unicode)? The installation routine has proposed me to

> reserve 220GB for data volume and 2GB for log... why

> the installation is importing more data than

> installation routine have reserved? (sorry for my

> english...)

I think the reason for this is that the database needs temporary space, you will see at the end, that the filled level is not much more than 220 GB.

--

Markus

Answers (0)