cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling an OVS help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where i have to validate the contents of another field before showing the input help for a particular field. (For ex: Validate fieldA and then show OVS help for fieldB). Now, if the validation for fieldA fails, then i should not show the input help for fieldB.

Since OVS is an event handler, i have to do this validation only inside the event handler. If validation fails, i just want to exit the OVS help - without showing the F4 help screen. So, i used the 'return' statement if validation failed. But, when i run the application, when validation fails, i get an dump saying '<b>OVS: Methode SET_OUTPUT_TABLE Cannot Be Called.</b>'.

Is there a proper way to exit the OVS help without showing the value screen or the dump? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shwetars
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

There is no way to disable an OVS at runtime. I have already raised a message to include this funcationality within the current OVS implementation and this would be done in the future SPs of BASIS. However as of now what you can try is... re-assigning a search help at runtime.

eg: initially you can keep the search help as deactivated and at runtime, only if the validation is successful assign the ovs to the attribute. To achieve this you can use the method SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_HELP of the interface if_wd_context_node_info.

Regards,

Shweta

Answers (0)