cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database of integration server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a beginner to XI and have few doubts in architecture of SAP XI can any one please help me to get out of them.

1) Can we configure Integration Server without SAP WEB AS ? if so.. how can we have ABAP Engine and J2EE engine?

2)Can we have a SAP WEB AS without R/3 system? if so...why we call it a Application Server? we can call it a Web server then?

3) I didn't find any significance of Database Server of SAP WEB AS is it exist?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mahesh

your all querries regardin WAS will be resolved by watching the following video.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/55d7ef88-0701-0010-7894-eee8d...

fundoo max video on WAS.

dont forget to award sdn points

Regards

Pushkar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks...

Regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On a high level, XI requires both ABAP and J2EE stacks. The ABAP stack is used during the runtime of message processing, including ccBPM. The J2EE stack is used for developement tools, e.g. Intergration Repository and Integration Directory. The J2EE is also need for the various adapters, e.g. RFC, File, JDBC, etc., and also for Message Mapping, java mapping, alerts and other monitoring capabilities.

Database is needed for persistence of messages during runtime, for both J2EE adapters and message processing in ABAP. XI guarantees message delivery, even after system failure, therefore message persistence to databases are required.

Regards,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

1) Can we configure Integration Server without SAP WEB AS ? if so.. how can we have ABAP Engine and J2EE engine?

Ans : No We cant. SAP XI is a part of NetWeaver . And they are based on WAS 6.20 and higher

2)Can we have a SAP WEB AS without R/3 system? if so...why we call it a Application Server? we can call it a Web server then?

You can have WAS without ABAP stack.

When you install WAS you have three options,

WAS with ABAP and JAVA stack.

WAS with standalone ABAP,

WAS with standalone JAVA.

It is called as Web application server because it acts as application server by running the applications as well as it has a component called ICM(Internet communication manager) , which acts as web server.

3) I didn't find any significance of Database Server of SAP WEB AS is it exist?

WAS is installed on a ORACLE database or MAXBD database or any database server for that matter.

Regards,

Yomesh