cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new output type and trigger it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to do this in detail?? Thanks!

"Create an new output type ZXXX, then trigger it requires ALE settings in WE20, and VV21 output determination.

Need to trigger Output ZXXX based on Order Type. so need a Access sequence created based on Order type."

Detail requirement:

Outbound

1) create new output type ZXXX

a)Output conditions set to Sales org and Distribution Channel, need new Access sequence eventually

b) EDI setup uses LS partner BBBBBB for test

c) Processing code EDI_PROCESSING for ...

Can anyone tell me how to do this in detail?? Thanks!

If you have similar experiences before..plz share me. thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Output is a form of media from a business to one of its business partners. The possible media forms are printouts, faxes, telexes, e-mails, and EDI. The output can be sent to any of the partners defined in the document. Outputs are usually in the form of order confirmations, delivery notes, invoices, and shipping notifications.

IMGSDBasic fncsOutputOutput determination

An output type is simply a type of output and it contains all the control features for the output. For ex, it defines the kind of output, which business transaction it applies to, which business partner receives the output, how the output is sent (the media), and the print program and SAP Script layout to use in formatting the output.

Output determination can be maintained as originating from the customer master record or as originating by using the condition technique.

Output proposal from the customer master record

IMGSDBasic fncsOutputOutput determinationOutput proposal from the customer master record, Define output

In this option one creates output types, such as BA00 (order confirmation). After creating the output type, one assigns the output type to an output procedure, such as DB0001. After the assignment of the output types to the procedure, the output procedure is then assigned to the customer account group. This is a simple procedure and results in the output that is placed on the customer master record being copied into the sales document.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you need to create is send a message triggered of a delivery document (figured from VV21 tcode mentioned). Business requirement in your case is probably have to send the customer (or a warehouse) a signal probably with delivery information.

Step 1. Create a new condition table (Tcode v/60). But before that you need to extend the field catalog with order type as I didn't see any order type field in the list. This extension needs to be done with the help of an ABAPer. Put fields Sales org/distribution channel/Order type in the condition table, let call it 921.

Step 2. Now put this condition table in a new access sequence. Lets call this one Z921.

Step 3. Goto NACE tcode. Select V2 application and click on output type. Create a new output type, Z921. Assign access sequence Z921 to the output type. Put ALE_PROCESSING as the processing routine with program as RSNASTED. Save it.

Step 4. Now go back select output procedure for V2. include the new condition type Z921 in the delivery output procedure.

Step 5. Create a condition record for the condition type Z921.

Step 6. Goto WE20 and create a partner profile for the with partner type LS. And create it for MESSAGE TYPE - "EDLNOT", idoc type "DELVRY01". Under the message control tab put V2 as application, message type as Z921. Now I have mentioned EDLNOT as message type to be used but you can have other options depending on the requriement on where you need to send this signal and what data it needs to carry.

I guess this is pretty much it. If you are doing for the first time I suggest you sit with some consultant who has worked on partner profiles and output types to have better understanding on the configuration setup.

Good luck.

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In step4, when creating an condition record for the condition table...

In the bottom of the SAP window, an pop-up warning info showed:

<b>"This output has not been defined for medium A and partner function LS"</b>

What does this means??

Whether it is means that i didnt assigen any value in the Output Type...node of <b>Partner Function</b>??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please give me your email id so that i can send across the document.

Thanks & Regards,

CLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CLN,

Thank you very much!!

My Email: erickred@163.com

Message was edited by:

Hoo Laa