cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do filtering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an IDOC for Purchase Order, it has data regarding Pruchase Orders without repairs, PO with Repairs and PO with sub contracting. In first scenario i have to convert Idoc into File whcih has PO without repairs. In second scenario i have to convert Idoc into File whcih has PO with repairs. In third scenario i have to convert Idoc into File whcih has PO with sub contracting. Totally the idoc is one which has all the data. How can i convert that particular records of idoc into file. Is there any fileters available in XI. If any body has idea on this please help me with screenshots.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prem.s

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prem,

So basically you want to create 3 files depending upon certain condition in your Idoc. I would recommend to go for multimapping and have 3 message types in your target message type. Also for the root node of the corresponding message type you map the condition with createif node.

So if your condition is true then only it will create the root node. Check this weblog for some help on this:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

The info which u have provided is very useful, but i have one doubt in that. Where can i specify my condition. For second scenario if PO test is not empty then it is repaiable PO and in third scenario there is a field msokz if it's value is 3 then is of type sub contracting. Where can i specify this condition in XI. Please give me some suggestion if u have any scenario with screenshots like this situation please send me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prem.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prem,

You use your condition with Createif node functionfor each message when you use in multi mapping. If your condition is false you will not the message at all.

Source > Condition1> Createif -- Message1

Source > Condition2> Createif -- Message2

Source > Condition3> Createif -- Message3

But please check your full requirements for this is what you needed.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prem,

During mapping map only those fields that are mandatory and needed for you in the target structure.I think this link might help you.

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters