cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating WDA and BSP applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

We are planning to build a WDA application and integrate with CRM IC Webclient application (BSP app).

Any ideas on how to integrate and pass the context data between the two applications?

Thanks a million!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this <a href="/people/koen.labie2/blog/2006/11/29/eating-cookies-with-webdynpro-and-bsp for communication with server side cookies

grtz,

Koen

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Server side cookies are sometimes a bad idea coz of the time out problem, the server side cookies will be deleted after a specific time frame and it beahves strangely sometimes.

Passing by URL is ok and its working for me now, but the problem comes when you try to send big documents.In this situation what i did was , we implemented a table with unique id for transferring these files to the BSP session.

I dont know whether this approach is correct or not, but i didnt have any choice.

1. I tried Shared meemory -- Not upto the mark.

2. Server side cookies -- time out issues , cookies gets automatically deleted sometimes.

3. Finalised POST , and for big documents shared the data via Table.

Thanks

Anzy

Pls award points if this answers your queries.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

I dont think we can pass the context data with the BSP ( to my knowledge ) , what i did was whenever i call the BSP application , i pass the data as the URL parameters or as ABAP shared memory.

In some situations i use the resume plug , so that i will not loose my session in webdynpro while calling the BSP applications.

Thanks

Anzy

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also i give a return URL to the BSP application to call back the WD appication.

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy:

Thank you for the quick response.

I am planning on calling the WDA thru a url link BSP. When users pick data in WDA that needs to be communicated back and trigger an event.

We already have BSP views doing what WDA is intended for, but users complain about performance, we think with WDA we can performance improve the significantly.

Any suggestions?

Thank You.