cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .net connector not working with portals. Possible Cookie problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am on a project using IIS 5.0 ASP.net and the SAP .net Connector. We are trying to use the MYSAPSSO2 cookie from the portals environment, but the cookie does not seem to be sending correctly to our IIS web system. We are trying to retrieve the cookie by the following syntax in the codebehind page:

HttpUtility.UrlDecode(Request.Cookies("MYSAPSSO2").Value.Trim())

One important thing to note is that the portal box is at www.xxx.com domain level while our IIS web server is at www.xxx.yyy.com domain level. Would this make any difference?

We are able to pass the cookie successfully in the SAP Workplace environment, but portals seems to give us errors when we try to use the cookie to call an RFC. The call just throws an RFCException error stating that the cookie length is invalid. One thing we noticed is that the cookie supplied in workplace is much larger than the cookie supplied in portals. Could this be a problem, or is this error just misleading?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My e-mail is ablevins@kcc.com.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> One important thing to note is that the portal box is

> at www.xxx.com domain level while our IIS web server

> is at www.xxx.yyy.com domain level. Would this make

> any difference?

This is exactly the reason of your problem: The cookie is issued exactly to one DNS domain. Therefore the browser wouldn't send the cookie to your IIS host. I don't know a solution. Some portal version had a feature for this, but I don't know if your version has it.