cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR403I BRRESTORE terminated successfully with warnings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two quries.

1) While restoring the oracle database with BRRestore I got this message. Where can I see the warnings.?

2) Do BRBACKUP have any command line option through which user can name the BRBackup log file. Currently Brbackup generates some cryptic file name for storing the log details.... like bdvkvkgu.pff bdvkrovs.fnf. I understand the meaning of pff or fnf...but what about the cryptic name....

can we have any that user can provide the required name.....

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric Brunelle !!!!!!

Regarding question 1.

Where one should see the BRRESTORE's Warning. I understand those warnings could be not much important, but if one wanted to know them, what he/she should do?

Regarding question 2.

I still wonder how come BRBACKUP/BRRESTORE doesn't provide any option to name the BRBACKUP/BRRESTORE logs.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. he should read them and evaluate if they are critical. when you restore to another system with different ORACLE_HOME, brrestore wil lwarn you that ORACLE_HOME is not the same as source. This is one of the multiple warnings you may get. so, to find them, checkthe first characters of each line, they all start with BR, followed by 3 numbers and a last letter:

I=info

W=warning

E=error

2. you will need to ask SAP for this. this is just the way it works.

provide points if you find these answers useful.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

why do you want to "name" the log files?

BR* need to identify the log files in a way there are no duplicate names ( in the complete history ) in order to be able to identify the backups that are needed to restore.

If we are allowed to name then as we want the risk is too big, it is very easy to use wrong names/duplicate them ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, the br*tools logfile names result from a time where we try to get everything into 8.3 filename length.

This is history and therefore it would be possible to create something like YYYYmmddhhmmss.sta or so.

would be much more readable on the filesystem level than listing the files sorted by date (what date? creation, last access, last modification).

regards

Peter

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) check for BRxxxW warnings. a warning ins a restore is quite common and should not be a big problem.

2) I don't see how, the cryptic name is built based on system date and time.