cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different time zones between R/3 and APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can anyone explain me which is the impact in having the R/3 in local time zone ( CDT, for example) and the APO in UTC?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Gyo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all for your's answers.

In my question I was reffering at the impact in integrating an R/3 system ( which has the system time zone CDT) and a global APO ( which has the system time zone UTC).

Regards,

Gyo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gyongyi,

I believe your question has been answered.

As I mentioned earlier in the post

If you plan to use TPVS or GATP at a later stage, I would recommend setting the same Time Zone on both systems may be at a later stage depending on your requirement.

Otherwise for now you can set it differently and If at all you plan to change sometime later in the future, you could as well do it.

Kindly close the thread and If you have any other questions, let us know.

Regards

Kumar Ayyagari

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess the simple answer would be don't worry about it.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

this note may not be relevant but is informative (a lot of what i mentioned in my orevious post is from ehre)

443500 - R/3 versus APO: Dates in sales orders and deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

The interface of the SAP APO system is usually defined so that all dates are interpreted in the UTC time zone. applications within the SAP APO system may use a time conversion to display this scheduling data, rather display it directly within the UTC time zone. Before they are sent to the SAP APO interface, the R/3 dates are converted from the local time zones to the UTC time zone.This conversion is based on the data stored in the time zone customizing

In PPDS - scheduling board there is an option of using different time zone settings - based on users location, based on the plant location or UTC. SNP planning books do not have such a facility

I have noticed issues when the APO DP results transferred to SNP have been out of sync in the DP and SNP planning books when the time zone setting is in UTC. The Demand plannner might have entered forecast for a week and some part of it will land in the previous or next week.

In APO the model and version management /SAPAPO/MVM is where the timezone is set. There is a block for SNP where the local time zone is set

am not sure of the exact applications you have in APO but would recommend reading the following notes to get a better understanding

Note 397566 - R/3->APO: Date shift with planned order

Note 695400 - Different date for planned independent reqmt in APO and R/3

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No... I assume he is referring to the Local Time Zone indicator in the planning version.

Most engines convert all orders to UTC for analysis, but the time zone still has affects on other objects.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you are mentioning about the SYSTEM TIME ZONE.

(Use transaction- STZAC to view it.)

Generally it is recommended that you maintain the same system time zone in APO similar to the time zone in R3.

However I remember in one of my implementation projects-4.1 SCM, we just left the SYSTEM TIME ZONE in APO to the default value given by SAP --(CET) whereas in R3 ,it was maintained as GMT.

(1) There were no issues as far as I remember.

(2) However we changed it to UTC/GMT( same time zone as that of R3) in APO after Go-Live with no issues at all

*We had our Basis Team contact SAP and they said that we could do so without any harm*

The reason for our change was that we wanted the BAck Order Processing results to update immediately based on

"1.1 Checking the Time Zone in SAP SCM

Use

This is an optional activity. Depending on your deployment of your SCM and ERP systems, the appropriate time zone should be customized in your system landscape. However, if you want to get the Backorder Processing result updated in the SAP ERP immediately, you’d better to set the two systems in the same time zones. You can get more details from the SAP note 443500.

http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/500/documentation/T12_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_ZH.doc";

Also all the objects( Locations, Resources ..etc) should have a timezone maintained- Some of the them are automatically determined from R3 and sometimes you have to maintain.

Regards

Kumar Ayyagari

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's a tough question...

I am curious on respones too.

For some reason, SNP capacity consumption gets confused if you don't have local time zone... the SNP PB capacity view will show values in different time buckets.

The local time zone also affects the release from DP to SNP/PPDS.

We have it on for SNP but turn if off for the DP to SNP release via user exit.

Ken Snyder