cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Connector problem with VS 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the last three days I have been struggling against my computer trying to install the connector. At first the installator gave me problems when trying to register vslangproj.tlb, but I soon discovered it was a registry permissions problem.

After that I was able to install it with any problems, but the wizards don't work. So I tried the regasm/regsvr32 combination that was posted on another topic, at first it didn't work, once again due to register permissions, but I sorted it out and now I can do both without any problems.

Anyways, my problem now is that eventhough I don't seem to have any trouble in the installation or in the fix, I'm still unable to run the SAP Wizards.

If I try to run the SAP Connector Class it gives me the following error: Object with program ID SAPDotNetConnector.ProxyWizard cannot be created.

If I open a new project ant try to run the SAPProxyWizard it says: Could not run 'C:\Archivos de Programa\MVS.NET2003\VC#\CSharpProjectItems\..\SAPProxyWizard.vsz' wizard.

If I open the Sample project that is in the SAP folder under Samples and then double click SAPPRoxy1.sapwsdl it opens a plain text xml document, not a wizard as someone suggested on another topic.

Any ideas of what can I do to start working with SAP and VS 2003? I'm really running out of options and ideas of what to do...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all (only to be sure): You use .NET Connector 1.x, right? Because 2.0 doesn't have a Wizard.

The problem sounds if there have been more registration problems (because of your strict security policy), so that many of the COM-Registry entries needed for the connector have not been done during setup.

A good way to find it out is to uninstall and then reinstall with RegMon (from www.sysinternals.com) running. You should be able to filter and see all failed regitry manipulations from MSIEXEC during setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you answer, about the Connector, I forgot to mention, that I'm trying with the SAP Connector 1.2.2 on VS 2003 with the Framework 1.1.

I have sorted out the security part by giving me rights on all the registry (I actually added myself in the registry as a user and gave me full control on almost all the registry), so I don't think is a security problem anymore.

But since you recommended RegMon I uninstalled and then reinstalled with RegMon opened. There are tons of registry entries. I see a lot of NOT FOUND and BUFFER OVERFLOW asnwers (eventhough the last ones usually have a second successful call), but I'm not sure if that's what is causing the problem.

Then I thought about logging if there was something wrong with my registry when trying to open the SAP Wizard Connector and I found the following all coming from a call to devenv.exe:524 (found with RegMon):

OpenKey HKCU\SAPDotNetConnector.ProxyWizard NOT FOUND

OpenKey HKCR\SAPDotNetConnector.ProxyWizard NOT FOUND

OpenKey HKCU\SAPDotNetConnector.ProxyWizard NOT FOUND

OpenKey HKCR\SAPDotNetConnector.ProxyWizard NOT FOUND

So I guess I don't have the ProxyWizard properly installed. I checked the registry but I don't even have the folder SAPDotNetConnector.ProxyWizard either under HKCU or HKCR.

If you think that posting the complete RegMon log about the installation might help just let me know. I'm sorry to bother so much, but I just don't know who else to ask. I'm also thinking about formatting and re-installing from zero with full rights from the beggining, but that's my last option.

Thanks for your time.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check if you find something related to HKCR\SAPDotNetConnector.ProxyWizard in the install log? This should be definitly be set during install.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just double checked the RegMon install log, but I couldn't find any related either to HKCR\SAPDotNetConnector.ProxyWizard nor HKCU\SAPDotNetConnector.ProxyWizard. If I'm correct the SAPProxyWizard.vsz (the one under CSharpProjectItems) invokes SAPDotNetConnector.ProxyWizard, right? If this is true, it seems I just don't have this program anywhere. I searched for it on the registry and on the machine but I couldn't find it.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that the installer doesn't correctly register the DLL. I see three possibilities:

1. You open a VS Command prompt, change to "%program Files%\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE" and run "regasm SAP.Connector.Design.DLL". This will register some - but not all- entries.

2. If this doesn't help you can try uninstalling. Then make sure that there is NO DLL starting with "SAP" left in the directory mention above. Then reinstall.

3. Uninstall and install version 2.0. This should be

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks the first option solved my problem. It seems that the installer, as you said, didn't correctly register the Designer dll. I think it was due to the lack of registry rights, and I apologize for bothering you so much. Anyways thank you again, you have been really helpful.

Answers (0)