cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message in Billing - Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have a requirement, when we create a billing and it throws a log and says view edit log.

Then we go to Edit>log, we can find the message description.

I want to capture this message description in a report.

Can you please let me know the table from which I can capture this message.

Thanks

Chandru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandru,

Please use the T.CODE V.21 where in you can give the name of the user who created the billing document and see the error log created for the billing document for a specified period.... I think this should help you out..

Reward if helps.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When the log gives an error message, it gives a message number also. In the message number teh first set of characters gives teh message class and the final number is the mesage number. When the Edit--log is displaying the message, capture the message class and the message number in the report and present it whereever needed.

The message class can be seen in SE91 where you can mention the message number to find out the fixed text and the dynamic part of the message.

Reward point if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the reply.

The issue is like this:

1. The Billing is executed in background by a Z program, so VF01 will be called in background and will be created and finally a report will be generated in whcih successful and unsuccessful records will be displayed.

If passed then invoice number will be displayed,

If failed we need the error message to tell why it failed, so it has to be captured automatically, no manual intervention is allowed

Please help

Chandru

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chandru,

I understand the issue. and we exactly do what you have mentioned.

In your case when VF01 is called, you have to pass on the lineitems to VF01 and once VF01 is saved, you have to get teh success message anyway and present in the front end.

In this case, even if some failure happens, system will give an error message. In such case, it is possible for your program to capture the message if you have coded that in your program. In you get the message class and the message number of the error (which is very easy for a development person) then tehre is no problem presenting in teh front end.

So please talk to the development guy on this, and the solution is possible. To my knowledge, there is no standard way for a Z program to fetch teh standard error message and show in some interface if it is not coded in the program.

Pls get it confirmed with your developmetn team, and if you need further info, please let me know. We work exactly in teh same environment you work, and we have enabled what you are asking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to know how do we capture the Message number and class, it is not there in any field.

If you can elaborate on this it would be really great.

thanks

Chandru

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandru,

I give you an example

I go to VA01 and give a material number which doesnt exist.

Now it says that XXX doesnt exist. When i click the message, it gives the message number as V1018

Now I go to SE91 and give last 3 digits as message number and first 2 char as message class( this separation of message class and message number is little tricky but the tech guy should be able to find out the message class. It should not be a problem to him.) So message class is V1 and error message no is 018

Now it gives me the message that "Material & does not exist"

What you should do is, to get that number V1018, find out the message class and print the error message in the foreground.

If you tell this to any devept guy, it is very easy for them to do. it will be just 2lines of code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not talking about error message, I am asking about Log messages, which will give only description and with further drill down we can see the message type and number in Billing.

So with this scenario tell me how we can fetch the Message class as well as message type.

If this is what u are referring to, please paste the Code as well.

Thanks

Chandru