cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt regarding HA Switchover

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In our org, we are having EP 7.0 and BI 7.0 on two different servers in production environment. We have to execute fail over scenario between these two applications in an HP-UX environment. ie., When EP failes, it switchover to BI server and if BI fails, it switches to EP server. Is this possible.

Inthis case, we have to switch DB, SCS and Application of EP to BI server and also DB, SCS, ASCS and Application of BI to EP server. Is this really feasible or recommended by SAP if Hardware vendor is ready configuring cluster for the same.

Can anybody suggest me.

Thanks and Regards,

Sailesh K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sailesh,

I can not say whether it is SAP recommended or not but I want to make a suggestion (upto you to take it)

You are mentioning a switchover scenario that is going to involve 2 production servers. In case of failover both production systems would actually be operating from one system/hardware resulting in incredible load on that.Normally one system should be non productive system so that it is brought down at the time of switchover and the production system will operate from that hardware.IP address details are automatically moved.In your case it means you will have a scenario where 2 IP addresses will be live at the same time. I dont think 2 IP addresses are gonna work really.

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Actually, we are going to use virtual ip for each system in the cluster configuration. So, during switch over, the ip change doesnot happen. The issue is whether the whole db and application can be moved to another server in the cluster after a failover and vice versa. The hardware doesnt seem to be a problem here, as we have a good configuration.

Waiting for your expert comments.

Thanks and Regards,

Sailesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sailesh,

If hardware is sound then it should not be an issue in my opinion.It will work I think. But an honest advice. If you are so particular when SAP recommends your approach or not I would suggest you to contact them. No matter how good an advice we would give you on this forum but for such issues I personally feel it makes sense to contact SAP directly. Also check with your OS vendor as well.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ruchit,

I take your advice. I spoke to my hardware vendor. They are ready if SAP recommends. I will contact local SAP support services.

Regards,

Sailesh K