Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Template : Loosely Coupled or hard Coupled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I m using mapping template for graphical mappng. I have the following doubts:-

1. Whether the mapping template is loosely coupled or tight coupled , i mean whether it picks the template at run time or the fields are filled one time only.

2. If we use the mapping template and afterwards do some changes in the mapping template then whether the changes gets reflected in the mapping program or not?

3. Can we change some fields of the mapping templates used in the mapping program after impoting that template? ( Here changes means changes in the mapping program )

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>1. Whether the mapping template is loosely coupled or tight coupled , i mean whether it picks the template at run time or the fields are filled one time only.</i>

No runtime concept. Fields r filled one time only

<i>2. If we use the mapping template and afterwards do some changes in the mapping template then whether the changes gets reflected in the mapping program or not?</i>

No. Think about it in thia way. U r just designing a template and reusing it only in design. Since it is nowhere related to runtime concepts, it wont update the things automatically.

<i>3. Can we change some fields of the mapping templates used in the mapping program after impoting that template? ( Here changes means changes in the mapping program )</i>

Yes u can. But then it wont get reflected in objects where u had used the older version of template

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

>> Whether the mapping template is loosely coupled or tight coupled , i mean whether it picks the template at run time or the fields are filled one time only.

i dnt know whether this is a standard term or not but in these terms i think it is " tight" coupled.

>> If we use the mapping template and afterwards do some changes in the mapping template then whether the changes gets reflected in the mapping program or not?

No changes dont get reflected automatically if u change the template after assigning it in a mapping program.

>> Can we change some fields of the mapping templates used in the mapping program after impoting that template

It becomes a complete separate mapping program altogether even if u use a template. template is only to save ur time of designing mapping it does not contain references at run time. u can change this mapping program at anytime u want.

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.