cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP best practices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I m Priya, Just completed SAP SD course and new to SDN.

I would like to learn more concepts with your help.

Can any one tell me about "what is SAP best practices"

if you have any Docs regarding that plz forward to "priya_sapsd@yahoo.co.in"

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

SAP out of its various implementations had taken, reviewed, analyzed, and finally came out with the best practices. These are the practices which are commonly followed across industries. These could be a mix of good measures and most widely accepted across.

Also, SAP had come out with practices in the form of packages which are offered in the form of All-In-One solutions, Business One solutions, etc., catering to the requirements of specific industry segments. These practices run on building blocks technology which givesa platform of preconfigured solutions, thus readily available to meets the customer requirements.

The packages come usually in the form of

1. Installation guides

2. Configuration guides

3. Development master list

4. Business process procedures

5. Scenario overview

Pls. let me know if you are interested in knowing more about this technology.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Link: http://help.sap.com/

Path: SAP Best Practices --> Baseline Packages --> Based on SAP ECC 5.00 --> Select Country: for eg, Localized for India --> Technical Information --> Building Blocks --> Select Country for eg, India --> List of Basic Configuration & scenarios will be listed.

Select the required basic configuration / scenario. These will consist of overview, configuration guide, business process, master data &so on ...........

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome Priya....

Wat i suggest is just spare 2-3 hours for sdn.sap.com daily... thats enough to know the best practices.. answer the quires, ask questions... read all threads.. in 2 months you will be master...

Any helps send a mail to ramakrishna.pullikanti@gmail.com

ALL THE BEST...

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Business Scenarios

SAP Best Practice 'Business Scenarios' address implementation of the SAP Enterprise Portal from the perspective that a business has certain goals and objectives it needs to accomplish. SAP Best Practices for Enterprise Portal's goal is to leverage the portal to support these business goals and objectives, by using basic portal functionality and integrating other SAP and non-SAP solutions where required.

Note:

All SAP Best Practices for Enterprise Portal scenarios can combined with other SAP Best Practices solutions. If your company would like to integrate other SAP Solutions into your landscape quickly, but don't yet have them configured, review other SAP Best Practices solutions for an accelerated pilot, or implementation starting point.

Relevant SAP Best Practices solutions include:

SAP Best Practices for CRM

SAP Best Practices for Business Intelligence (based on SAP BW)

SAP Best Practices for Baseline (based on SAP R/3)

SAP Best Practice for HCM

SAP Best Practices for SAP CRM

SAP Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM) eliminates the boundaries that stand between you and your customers. Allowing you to anticipate customer needs and form lasting, profitable customer relationships.

And SAP Best Practices for SAP CRM eliminate the boundaries that stand between you and a successful e-business implementation. Empowering your company with a broad range of pre-configured business scenarios:

Internet sales -- Includes order process business-to-business and order process business-to-consumer

Field sales -- Provides customer visit and order entry, campaign execution, and opportunities

Interaction center -- Delivers information help desk, service, telesales inbound, and telesales outbound

Marketing management -- Offers information campaign, media campaign, inbound lead management, outbound lead management, and customer retention

Integrated sales planning -- Provides integrated sales planning for key accounts

SAP for Service Providers CRM scenarios -- Includes service processing for facility management, service processing for technical services, service processing for IT services, service processing for professional services, and reporting for SAP for Service Providers solution portfolio

SAP Best Practices for SAP CRM also deliver:

A real-world, proven implementation methodology

Pre-configured CRM processes that anticipate e-business requirements

Pre-configured back-end integration

Programs that ensure replication of relevant data

Thoroughly documented scenarios -- from both a business and technical perspective.

Reward points if u helpful

Cheers,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr.Govind

The Content which you have given is very helpful to me.

But i m little bit confused between SAP best practices and enterprise portal.

shall we need SAP Enterprise portal to implement SAP best practices.

Plz post If you have few more details regarding "SAP best practices for SAP sd."