Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

What are some methods for creation of master data for GATP

1) Product substitution procedures

2) Location substitution procedures

3) Rules

4) Rule determination records

Can you share your experience in this: a) what are some elegant ways of doing this? b) what are some things to be aware of, etc. Thanks.

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

The only method which I can suggest of is MANUAL CREATION from the SAP EASY ACCESS sceen and SPRO.

This is very similar to SAP R3- SD techniques. I personally have never know of any other method for creating rules, condition technique, etc....

Follow the BUILDING BLOCK for GATP along with help.sap.com and I think you will be able to do it easily.

Again- Like I said in my earlier post to you. If you have any questions, please feel free to post it and ONE of us will gladly help you.

Good Luck .

Regards

Kumar Ayyagari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar:

Thanks for the response. Suppose that I have about 30000 (a small number)records in my product master and I need to create product substitution procedures for these. Also suppose that the product substitution is defined by the manufacturing plant and what they specify need to me modeled and changed on an ongoing basis in the APO system. How can one go about doing this manually?

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satish,

All the CONFIG and Customizing- Creating Procedures, Rules, etc should be done manually in Development and transported to production.This is what I mentioned in my post.

COndition Records:

I clearly mentioned that it is very much similar to R3 Condition techniques.

I assumed that you already know about it.

Anyways for creating condition records, you can always write a BDC code similar to the one in R3 and mass upload using a flat file and similarly you can MASS change your condition records.

Kindly ask any of your R3 colleagues whether there is any BDC program in your company( Which I am 100% sure that you company already has one) for R3 condition records.

Let me know If you need the sample code for a BDC.

Also let me know, If you need further help.

Regards

Kumar Ayyagari