cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter processing in FTP mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN,

I need some info on File adapter working in FTP mode.

What happens when we point to a remote file location that runs on FTP server?

FTP in standard does not support a remote read operation at all. So the only possible logic that strikes me is issue a FTP get command over the file and get the file locally, read it. Does it happen this way? Or SAP has customised FTP to enable the read operation from a remote location directly?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

I am sure you must have gone through this File/FTP help file earlier also. If you read the Procedure section of it, I think it will give you a clear idea what exactly happening there:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0d/00453c91f37151e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Subahsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

if XI file adapter internally uses the standard SUN implementation of FTP connectivity from Java , i.e. the one in sun.net.* package, then you could check in the documentation how connections are made and wheather you get a file directly or a stream instead....might help you arrive at the conclusion..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol

The application of FTP follows specification RFC 959. The specification can be found on the Internet under www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0959.txt.

Regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

It should work with FTP

Even recently i came across a forum thread where FTP was used to read files from a server in New York.

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jai,

I have worked on file adapter in ftp mode.SAP has enabled read operation from a remote location directly.You need to specify location correctly to pick up the file and for further processing.