cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on installation hanged at IMPORT_PROPER phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear support,

I am trying to install Business content 7.03 through SAINT but it has been observed more than 2 days it is in same phase <b>IMPORT_PROPER</b>

while GO TO -> Status-> Installation queue gives below message

' The OCS queue is currectly being imported.

The import process is in phase IMPORT_PROPER.'

Background job with name <b> BC_INST_20070607064826</b> has been active from 2 days. I tried to stop the same but i cannot reinitiate the same as

IMPORT_PROPER phase u cannot go back u have to continue.

Can anyone suggess something how to either clean this up and start again or may be how to finish this job at earliest.I think this job is in LOOP.

Best Regards,

AjitR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

spalc
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just in case it may help... We had an interminable hang on saint while installing our solman, too (7.1 oracle 11 / win2008). As we had similar symptoms as you, we saw this thread several times…
For us the solution was note 1738989 - Upgrade/Support Package import hang due to INACTIVE wait event "SQL*Net break/reset client" in Oracle.

regards, jean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read all the problems..

I suggest that could you check the /usr/sap/trans/cofiles for that particular addon .

Might be if the cofile is corrupted , the job will be going in the loop..

Also please verify the Slog which gives you the idea what is the exact error ...

if the cofile is corrupted..Pls delete the file and download new addon and recreate the cofile by importing the Addon again..

Regards,

Maheswaran J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Thanks for all your help problem resolved , the problem was with parameters ST02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We didnt understant..pls tell us in deep

regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umesh,

Problem was with RDDGENOL job which was not running because of parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time which was not enough so i increase the same and job started running fine.I have found this relevent post on SDN itself.

Best Regards,

AjitR

shahinmikailov
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Ajit,

thanks for your reply.

This solution resolv my problem

Regards,

Shahin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to cheeck the tp log. Go the STMS and in the queue for the system click on Go to->tp system log. check for any warnings or messages.

Also, in SM37 select this particular active job and click Check->Status.

Let me know what hapens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cyrus ,

i am getting below logs as tp system logs

WARNING: System BI7. Warning. 20070608073316 :

WARNING: Background job not running properly. Function: Y Jobcount: 04505801 Status: S.

Please check the system. Use transactions SM21, SM37, SM50.

WARNING: (This warning is harmless if no further warnings follow.)

Now job is cancelled state but still SAINT is showing below message

'move nametabs finished with return code 0,

Transport tool check is showing everything fine.

but SAINT process is still running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chk whethr the background job RDDIMPDP is running or not

regards, Umesh k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umesh,

Background job rddimpdp as well as other jobs are running fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto \usr\sap\trans\tmp folder and find any logs are writing or not..If nothing is writng in this folder..starrt the import agian and lets know the result

regards, Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umesh,

No logs written , i have restarted entire server and start from import_proper phase again from scratch , i will update you if i find any logs written now

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes umesh now after restart it has started writing in \usr\sap\rans\tmp with logfile name ' N070522.BI7' it has few entries , what all things i should monitor as i have scheduled same in Background instead of dialog this time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U keep on refreshing the tmp folder and log folder in trans directory

regards

Umesh k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umesh ,

again background job is running for more than 18 Hrs and logs in tmp folder are not getting updated it has only start point entries, i am worried becaz i have never faced this kind of add on installation error before , Could u throw some light what exactly is happening as job will keep on running for long time as my previous experience.

If possible kindly provide me with ur yahoo id so that , we can dicuss online.

This issue has become critical for my client.

Thanks in advance.

AjitR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u patched ur kernel to the latest level before applying the addon also did u have latest version of spam-saint version

Regards

Umesh K