cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing without Goods Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have problem on billing setup. I don't know how to make the billing document generated only after GI was posted. Do SD-SAP has a standard setup for that?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujiana,

Billing without Goods Issue

I had come accross a similar requirement about a year ago.

I had Non stock material of type NLAG. All the deliveries of NLAG type materials were getting Invoiced before PGI.

So i created a new schedule line category ZY and assigned it to schedule line category assignment / determination. In this new schedule line category i had added 601 moment type. If we have this blank, then system wil create Invoice before PGI. If we have 601 then PGI becomes mandatory.

So as it was NLAG type, 601 was creating dummy material documents and as there was no stock maintained, but made PGI mandatory.

So with moment type 601 for a non stock material, you can control billing and have it only after PGI

Hope this will help you out !

Syed Nasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

" don't know how to make the billing document generated <b>only after GI was posted.</b> "

as i understand what you are looking for is billing to take place after PGI. This is a normal and standard process in SAP and does not require any special setup apart from the item category of the order line item billing relevance as

A Delivery-related billing document

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhu,

I know that my request is actually a standard setting. But i have one problem(one document) where user can create billing before GI is done.When i see the document flow for this special sales order, I've found that billing doc. have been create before GI. Only 3 days after billing was created then outbound delivery and GI were generated. I wonder how it happen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

By using copy control delivery to billing you can find 011 requritment for this pur pose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without PGI, you can create a Proforma Invoice, but Invoice can be raised after PGI.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

u can create billing document with out pgi also through copy controls delivery to billing copy controls keep 011 copying requirement in header , then u can able to create billing document with out doing pgi

Thanks&Regards

Venkat.Dhanemkula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Billing before PGI is possible in standard SAP.Use standard routine 11 in delivery to billing copy control at header level.

This routine allows you to to billing before PGI

For standard scenario like PGI before billing routine 3 is used in delivery to billing copy control at header level.

This routine ensures that PGI is done before billing.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amrish,

I think you have gave a helpful answer. Do we need any configuration for ensures that PGI is done before billing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No.In standard system in delivery to billing copy control at header level routine 03 takes care of this,unless you have chaged it.

you can just check the code of 03 routine you will find the PGI check defined in it.

By thw way very helpful answers should be rewarded with very helpful points

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Message was edited by:

AMRISH PUROHIT

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sujiana,

The basic Sd process flow is :

1) Presales activites

2) sales order

3) Inventory chk

4) shipping +Goods issue

5) Billing(payments)

so at sale sorder level in customaization u assigm billing type to order.. that is

what kind of billing u want to carry for the this particular doc type.

do u want oder relevant billing or delivery relevant billing

PATH :

SPRO> SD> SALES->Sales Documents->Sales Document Header--->Define Sales Document Types

here u can define the billing type

if suppose ur order type have del relevant billing then in

Billing Transaction VF01 pass delivery no and save it

and relese the doc for accounting as well

in this billing happens in SAP-SD

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/06/57683801b5c412e10000009b38f842/frameset.htm">SD Link</a>

Regards,

Nisha

@award pts is it clarifies ur doubts,

null

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

so with out goods issue , how are u going to deduct the goods quantity from the ware house? dont you want to maintain the quantity in the warehouse ?

you can automatically set the goods issue during delivery creation . this can be achieved with the help of an abaper.

for creation of delivery, use the function module 'ws_delivery_update' or 'SD_DELIVERY_UPDATE_PICKING_1'

thanks

madhan

reward if useful