cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on certification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam new to SAP.I wanted appear for a certification in Basis. Can anyone please guide me which courses can I take for Basic(start up) on Basis and Netweaver for Basis?.

There are two tadm10 and tadm12 and a few others too. But iam not sure if the course contents are good for complete novice people.

Can anyone please guide me.I found this link on sdn http://www50.sap.com/useducation/find/courseindex.asp.

I wnate to do netweaver too in Basis after the primary course which course can I take up for that that sought after now?.

Thanks a lot!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Yes, there are several courses available for BASIS but you need to choose your area, the database and the functions. I gained experience on the job to gain BASIS knowledge before doing course and certification. Since BASIS covers a large area, you need to choose your area.

You will find vast free knowledgebase on the internet to choose from.

Cheers,

Nisch

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello , this is hackeem . i am currently undergoing SAP csrtification training in chennai , for the certification you have take TADM 10 for abap and java fundamentals , TADM 12 for Implementation and Operation for Web AS and in addtion to this u have to take a course for database it can be either SQL or it can be ORACLE (TADM 51) . For the certification the course material of abve three will be sufficent and the certification questions will be from these course materials itself , bacause i am also new to SAP BASIS.

All the Best in advance ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HD,

These are the official courses of SAP to become a Basis Proffessional

<b>ADM100 Basis I level

ADM200 WebAS I level

TADM10 WebAS Operation & Implementation

TADM12 Software Log

TDAM51 Database Course Oracle

TADM53

ADM520 Database MSSQL

ADM325 Software Logistic (Transports)/Patch Updates

ADM940 SAP Authorization Concept

ADM950 SAP System Management

ADM960 Secure SAP System Environment</b>

RewardsPoint if useful

Regards

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Subramanian,

Please provide the useful web links for Basis material....!!

Thank you for your time and helping nature....!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HD,

Check this link on BASIS. It has info for starter:

Regards,

Subhasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Nisch.

Thanks for the reply.

Well since iam not very aware.Could you please suggest,me the database I should be going for(mostly been used in the industry).Also the specific courses that I could take up for Basic training.if TADM 10 and 12 are sufficient.

For the advanced version too.. I am not quite sure which course would be 'in demand'.Since I haev the option of taking any of the course for advanced(Nw.)..suggesstions would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On the database, Oracle is the popular choice as far as I am aware, again here its matter of comfort level one has established and the database running on site SAP is implemented

You could start with ADM10, then get hands on SAP before taking other courses. The course I would recommand as well is WAS for Java. You will find several free tutorials on SDN on the technology.

Reward points if you find this useful.

Cheers,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

I was certified recently in WAS 640. I feel that there is no hard and fast rule that a fresher cannot understand basis or he cannot go ahead with certification without experience. I would like to suggest you to please go through TADM10 (Vol 1 and 2) and TADM 12 (Vol 1 and 2) and you would get a very good knowledge about basis. If you could devote much time on these books, you would definitely master SAP basis.

If in case of any doubts or materials or references needed, you can always

approach me i would give you links which could get you good materials also.

Initially after going through these books try to get in to a job in this area and then after gaining real time expertise try to focus on any one of the Netweaver components.

All the best ,

Reward points if useful,

Regards,

Sreevidya.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreevidya..

Thanks a lot for the info.

Yes the TADM course will be useful for me for the Basic.

But I am still searching on a good NW course to do.

Since there are many areas and which specific one would be useful is difficult to undersatnd,

Please could you guide me on a good NW course that is 'hot' in the market and that I can choose from.I dont have any specifications in the area of the technology..Since there are EP/XI/BW and Many more such ones for administaration.Or any other one that will fetch me a good opening in NW Basis.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following materials are required for WAS 640 certification.

TADM 10_1

TADM 10_2

TADM 12_1

TADM 12_2

TADM 51 - ORACLE

These materials can be downloaded from http://mysapbi.blogspot.com, websites like megaupload.com, rapidshire.com and esnips.com, however there is no guarantee that the material available there is the latest. Get in touch with a certified person to get the latest material or approach a training center.

U can also check with me once u have downloaded the material, i will be able to confirm if the material is the latest or not !

http://esnips.com/web/SAPBASISCertification/

http://www.esnips.com/web/abmirra-Important

u can also go directly to the above mentioned link.

All the best, Please reward points if useful

I would also try to get you the materials on EP/XI because i am planning to do another certification on the same.

Any help you need we would help you out.

Best Regards and Reward points if useful.

Sreevidya

krkasani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sreevidya,

Thanks for sharing the documents...

I appearing for basis certification, if possible can you provide TADM12_1 and TADM12_2 documents to me?

Cheers,

kk

g_subramaniam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone suggest source from where course TADM53, TADM56 and TADM70 can be downloaded.

Thanks,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are SAP Propietary courses and it is illeagal to download them!