cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Forecast Data from External DataSource into SNP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in a situation where a customer does not use APO DP but does use APO SNP. They want to stick with their current demand planning system but feed the forecast straight to SNP.

Does anyone have experience in this? Is the data generally loaded into a SNP infocube first, or can the data be fed straight to LiveCache somehow.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cutler,

When you want to work with ECC and then SNP, it's a simple case. You transfer your planned independent requirements along with the other data you transfer. The PIRs would be coming from Demand Management in this case.

Or you can also transfer it from infoprovider as Harish pointed out.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah it won't be from ECC, it is from a non-SAP demand chain management application. Looking at the link above, if I am working with descriptive characteristics, I still need to have a MPOS and a PA in Demand Planning to do this, with the PA only required for generating consumption groups.

But if it is just SNP using Demand data, what specifically in DP or BW has to be set up? Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the idea is to create PIR in SNP and dont have discriptive characterisitics and consumption groups in your solution, you dont have to worry about the planning area and MPOS

You dont have to set up anything in DP or BW

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check /SAPAPO/REL_TO_SNP - Release from InfoProvider to Supply Network Planning (am not sure if it is 5.0 specific)

you still need an infoprovider in (SCM)BW. Am not sure you can do a direct transfer

Please have a look at this help file

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/9e/c96c41c5f97e47e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

If you want an alternate option, take a look at BAPI_PIRSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI