cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport XI objects ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have seperate sld for each DEV, QA and PRD.

Do I need to export the TS and BS from Dev to QA and PRD.or i need to create them manually in QA and PRD seperately ? Do i need to do any mappings between the BS when they are on seperate sld ?

Do i need to make a link between these slds ?

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

k s redddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>On DEV SLD</b>

1. Create Dev tech and Buss Systems and the SWCV's and Products.

<b>On QA SLD</b>

2. Transport the objects at the SLD Level created in Step 1. Assign them to the Dev transport group.

3. Create the QA Business Systems on QA SLD .

4. Create the transport Targets on QA SLD.

<b>Prod SLD</b>

5. Transport the objects at the SLD Level created in Step 3. Assign them to the QA transport group.

6. Create the Prod Business Systems on Prod SLD .

7. Create the transport Targets on Prod SLD.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the detailed explanation and now i am clear about the things to do. I want to ask you

do i need to maintain the same names for BS in DEV, QA and PRD or can i go with different names ? which is better to reduce the conflicts

Thanks,

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the detailed explanation and now i am clear about the things to do. I want to ask you

do i need to maintain the same names for BS in DEV, QA and PRD or can i go with different names ? which is better to reduce the conflicts

Thanks,

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks,

srini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you have to create it seperately...not sure though.

As in the environment where i worked we were having just 2 different SLD's for same SLD its just that we need to transport but in different SLD's we have initialy created those seperately.

I will check and confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

to transport configuration objects, you need to define

transport targets in SLD.

Refer the below for details..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/7a09d0d7d34b828a9740e322b9222c/frameset.htm

also have a look at:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I hope that helps you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Do i need to create the transport targets even when i have seperate slds for dev, qa and prd ?

Thanks,

k s reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can create separately on each box but best practice is to have single .

For more information refer the following links ,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Go through these weblogs to get a brief idea about transporting objects using CMS system..in XI

1. /people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

2. /people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

3./people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/28/xi-software-logistics-solution-iii-cms

Thanks ,

Suvarna

Award pts if it helps you .