cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new track for custom ess applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Everyone,

We are doing enhancements to standard ESS iviews, like personal data,employee search,etc for this we created new track and we imported .sca files compatible to ess 60.2 business package.along with this we have some custom applications which has to create from the scratch,and these applications we have to give it to ess role.

I would like to know whether i need to create seperate track for these custom applications,or can i use same track which contains all standard ess DCs ..I would like to know how to acheive this,if someone have done previously ,please let me know .

Thanks in advance

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

for this I would say one track is sufficient. You can have both the sap delivered ESS dc's and your custom ESS dc's in a single track. Even during the upgrade it wouldnot affect your custom DCs because the namespace will be different. During the upgrade, only the DCs with namespace sap.com will be upgraded. Since your custom DC's will have a different namespace, that should be fine.

I would recommend creating a single track for both since both are related to Employee Self Servives Role.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

We can use the existing ESS track for that or we can create a new track.

I prefer using a new track because, during upgrades these new DC's need to be considered so that they are not lost after upgrade.

Thank you,

Nagaraju Donikena

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nagaraju,

Thanks for your quick response.

I think ur right,we have to create new track ,becasuse while upgrade it is very easy to maintain.

You have done anything like this before,if so can u explain what are the prerequisites for creating new track,because i never created tracks,i created track for ESS ,i followed the NWDI cookbook for this,but i have to create now new track for my cusotm ess applications.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Create a track with JTech, Jee, BUILDT and new software component.

If you want to use FPM in that then use PCUI GP.

Same as ESS track without ESS SC you will have a custom SC.

Make sure to define dependencies for new software component accordingly.

Regards,

Nagaraju Donikena

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nagaraju,

Have u created any custom webdynrpo application using FPM concept.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

If u have done any custom webdynpro application using FPM,please send me some step by step document.I have one docu,which is sap standard SDNDay_ESS_HR.pdf,which is little tedious ,i am creating POC for my client to show how it looks if it is a custom webdynpro FPM application,i want to see those 4 views,overview,edit,reveiw,confirm.

thanks in advance

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay Kumar,

my situtation is also similar , please can you send that document SDNDay_ESS_HR.pdf, becuase when i try download from blog that file is correpted and if you any other step by step procedure have please send to me

Thanks in Advance

sincrerly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagara Raju,

I am new to Webdynpro , please help me I need to implement new Application looks like already existing sap standard webdynpro application, please can you help how can we enanahce existing webdynpro application, please help me step by step how to get source code for existing webdynpro application in NWD webdynpro explorer.

if you any other documents step by step procedure documents please send to me, I am in too tention.. please..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ganesh,

I followed the sdnday.pdf document then i created one poc at my client place,and i achived ,but still i have to learn things to achieve this fpm framework.

what u can do if you have nwdi setup ,tell ur admin to import pcui_gp SC also in the track which he is going to create for custom apps.from their u can create project for pcuigp/xssexamples,this is the example appl provided by sap.try to learn the step by step procedure and also the sdnday.pdf ,then only u can able to do the fpm framework.

send ur personal mail id i will send the pdf doc.

thanks,

vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

please can you send document to this mail id

vvrao.sap@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I prefer, you can go ahead with existing track. You can have both SAP standard DC's and Custom DC's in a single track. Even during the upgrade it wouldnot affect your custom DCs because the namespace will be different. During the upgrade, only the DCs with namespace sap.com will be upgraded.

Create a new product (P) with different namespace in the existing track and create required software components (SC's - Ex: xxxCompany.com_xxx_ESS) to that product.

When you improt corresponding track into your NWDS, You can see newly created SC's.

Once import done, You can ready to create custom webdynpro DC's.

Please follow the steps to create custom webdynpro application using FPM.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/b4/139525380149a49c8402e22700e4ba/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/b4/139525380149a49c8402e22700e4ba/frameset.htm</a>

Thanks & Regards

Vasundhara