cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output type

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys

I have encountered an issue at my workplace. The client has asked me to create config changes to the system so that when an order is processed an advance shipment notification can be send to the distributor using his email address and wants me to configure partner functions for the order type aswell

anyone has any idea on this?????

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not possible to create SHIPMENT NOTIFICATION in sales order. However it is possible to create an output which can be similar to shipment notification.

To do that, you have to create an output for sales order. I am not elaborating the procedure for this.

Take up the coding for email and the format of the output type based on the user requirements. Link the smartform and the report program to the output type.

Coming to partner function, if the notification needs to be send to the Ship to party, you need to include ship to party as the partner while you are configuring the output type. If it is only sold to party, please include Sold to party as partner function while you are configuring the output type(in the partner function link on the left side)

Now once all the configuration and the development is completed, create the masterdata for the output type in VV11 and maintain the partner function there.

Now when you create the sales order, you can see that the output type is automatically proposed and an email is sent to the email address as per the configuration.

For configuring the emailing servers etc, pls explore the transaction code SCOT with the help of basis guy.

Rwd point if it helps.

Answers (0)