Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Netegrity SSO and webdispatcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone configured a senario with netegrity SSO and sapwebdispatcher? We are upgrading to ECC6 (NW 2004s). We currently have 4.6C, ITS, ESS. We have to use the Integrated ITS, but now we need to figure out how we retain the current authentication scheme where users are authenticated via CAs Netegrity. If any one here has gone through this I would greatly appreciate any tips.

Regards,

George Adjei

3 REPLIES 3

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

George,

The Netegrity product authenticates the user and then stores the ID in a HTTP variable, so you can use this with the SAP HTTP Header Variable Login Module to authenticate the user to SAP and authenticate the user using SiteMinder.

Does this help ?

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does help but I was looking to see if it works in combination with the sap webdispatcher, which is like a proxy application not running directly on the WAS.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

George,

I am not sure either, but I believe that the webdispatcher will just handle the load balancing to determine which app server handles the logged on user once they have authenticated. I suggest you try to configure it and see how you get on. I represent a vendor, and we have customers who have used SiteMinder with NetWeaver in this way, so I know it is possible, and it works well. I am not sure of the exact details on how you would configure everything to make it work.

Good luck,

Tim