cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI - xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have see a few discussions in the forum related to XI-

xMII. As I understand, R/3 can communicate to xMII using XI or directly from R/3 - xMII using JCO.

Please can someone confirm the scenarios where R/3 - xMII or R/3 - XI - xMII will be used. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses.

I am planning to send the Idoc from R/3 -> xMII most of the time. There are no other systems where the data needs to be distributed.

Do you typically, send the Idoc to a central xMII server and further route it from there or can I create a Partner Profile in R/3 for each Plant level xMII server ?.

what are the pros and cons of this approach .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would guess it would be best to create different partner profiles for each of the plant servers.

The reason being the complication that would arise for the transaction logic in the corporate server to send data down to the plant servers compared to a similar logic deployed across the plant servers (reusability) when they are directly communicating with R/3.

All this being said you need to ask a question to an IDOC expert if there are any issues for R/3 to send IDOCs to different RFC destinations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

As Rajesh states R/3 - xMII is very suitable when the return information from BAPI is not so huge.You may have to use proper filters to make the communication efficient

When using R/3 - XI - xMII, it is always better that you choose to communicate asynchronously from xMII -> XI -> R/3. Because XI being an integration tool, synchronous communication usually increases the load on the system. Whenever only a creation or confirmation has to be done in R/3 without pulling data from R/3 then xMII- XI- R/3 asynchronous scenario suits

Thanks,

Ajitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I have done the scenarios on both R/3 - xMII and R/3 - XI - xMII. While working on R/3 - xMII scenarios your BAPI output should not be heavy. If it is heavy data then it will take so much time to get the data and after that if you want to make any XML manipulation its a performance issue as well. Where as in the case of XML transformation is easy and also efficient in the case of XI. One more advantage using XI is Routing. If there are some other system also involved in the scenario it is easy to integrate with the XI, because it is primarily a integrating tool.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Direct method is what even SAP recommends.

For R/3-xMII scenarios visit https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/90537bfe-fd6b-2910-fda3-b04f1.... [original link is broken]

In my knowledge so far I have not come accross a R/3-XI-xMII scenario yet.

Lets keep watching this space to get some answers.