cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to choose which interface!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing SAP HR -XI- file .how can we decide which interfeace to use like Idoc or BAPI on SAP HR sending side?

thank you,

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Since you do not have an Idoc that suits to your requirement, you should go for proxies.

You should avoid using RFCs and should use them if your SAP is having WAS6.2 or above.

As when you use RFC adapter, message protocol conversion from RFC to XML n vice versa is involved.

This hampers the performance at runtime.

When we use proxies, WAS can interact in native soap.

So better performance

SDN ponts if you find it useful..:)

Regards

Pushkar

Message was edited by:

pushkar anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

all,

thank you for your suggestions.we have about 35 data elements need to get from SAP HR system and we have to get field from different HR tables (Infotypes)like P000s,T00s,T005s and one or two fields from CSKT,HRP10000 tables.

so what would be the best interface to select,may not be idoc as there is no idoc to get all these fields,may be FM or Proxies?

please guide me.

thank you,

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

I would suggest to go with Proxies based upon your inputs.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Babu,

i think using a proxy with a custom wrapper, where you can insert a call of bapi or Idoc is a good way.

Claudio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for every requirements you can check in SAP. whether IDOCs or BAPI's or RFC's are available.

if you already have standard functionality then use them.

if not you can prefer using ABAP proxies/ customized RFC's.

Regards,

Assad SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

Check with your functional guys whether you have any standard IDoc or RFC to the functional requirements of the interface. If you want to have few fields to be added to the standard one then you can extend the IDoc or RFC. Then you can use it in XI. If it is a simple report then you can write a proxy client which sends data directly to xi.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

any suggestion from you after looking at my requirement that I have mentioned above?

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depeding on the requirment we need to choose. For example if you want to send HR Master data you can HRMDA IDoc.

With Regards

K.Varadharajan