cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced UDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In case of advanced UDF's, if we won't choose " caching the whole queue", then "values of one context are passed to the function".

Could you please explain -

suppose if we have number of context changes in the input message then which context's(first or second or thrid context etc) values are passed to the function ?? How to select the user wanted context ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palnati,

<i>suppose if we have number of context changes in the input message then which context's(first or second or thrid context etc) values are passed to the function ??</i> - The values of each context change will invoke the UDF...so your UDF will be invoked everytime a context change occurs........

<i>How to select the user wanted context ??</i> - To set the context level which you want, just select the source node, right-click it, select the context, then select the node to which you want to change the context level..........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajeev,

thanks for your reply !

>>To set the context level which you want, just select the source node, right-click it, select the context, then select the node to which you want to change the context level..........

By doing that we can't see the context change graphicall ! Just it is a logical change. Plz correct me if I am wrong.

thanks

kumar

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>By doing that we can't see the context change graphicall ! Just it is a logical change</i>

Graphically u should find the name of the field with context change in italics

Hope that clears ur doubt

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>By doing that we can't see the context change graphicall ! Just it is a logical change. Plz correct me if I am wrong.

Apart from the change mentioned by Prateek, if you right click on the node as select "Display Queue" , you will find a noticeable difference.

Also, if you use UDF involving that node, you will notice a difference in the output of UDF

regards

krishna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi palnati

As Stefen said UDF will execute for each context if you select cache context option.

But if you have selected cache Queue option then even you can add context in your UDF by invoking addContext() methode in UDF.

As per your requirement you can do so by setting context of source to upper most node so that all values come as same context and then changing context in UDF .

Regards

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The UDF is called for each context.

When you have 10 contexts, the UDF is called 10 times.

Regards

Stefan