cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grey out fields in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was just wondering if there is a way to gray out delivery date in sales order depending on item category, so that nobody can change it for that item. I know it can be done by customization but I was searching for any configuration solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not aware whether it can be done with item catagory or not but you can try T.Code: SHD0 (variant maintenance) for making the date field grey in SO.

Reward point if it helps

Regard,

N

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

In my experience there is no config setting for greying out a field on a sales order based on Item category. we can do it by using t.code SHD0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

using transaction variants you can only hide a field or default a entry. Reg greying out, i am really not sure if it works.

I think you may have to think about using the user exit mentioned in the earlier responses.

Thanks & Regards,

CLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhay,

quite generally you can grey out every field in the sales order with the help of a user-exit. For this aim you have to use the user-exit USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION (Include MV45AFZZ). In this user exit you can directly indicate, what fields would you like to have on every screen: changable, not changable, invisible etc.

I do not know your business trequirements, but technically it is possible .

This user-exit is running during every call of every new screen.

I hope this info helps you a little bit further.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with SHD0 and enter u r tcode VA01

Former Member
0 Kudos

i need one more help, in the earlier versions T.Code -> SHD0 can be located in the menu path in SAP Menu -> Tools -> Accelerated SAP -> Personalization -> SHD0. but i am unable to locate the same in ECC 6.0

Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

do we need to create a separate T.Code for the Variant which will be created in the process and then attached to the program?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be done with Transaction varaint as follows.

as per your requirement use t.code SHD0

and then enter the transaction code VA01

and enter the transaction variant BUS2032

and select the programme SAPMV45A

and go CHANGE WITH PROCESSING (F6)

then continue to press ENTER, and change what ever u want to make mandatory or suppress or display.

Reward points if u helpful

Cheers,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi govind,

I tried what ever u said but there is no delivery date field on the list and more over there is no display field and I guess there is output only, is this same as display, I tried to get documentation by pressinf F1 but didn,t work thats why. Plz let me know. And moreover I dont think it works based on item category it works on sales order type, right. If possible can anybody plz send some documentation on this

thanks

abhay

Message was edited by:

abhay verma

Message was edited by:

abhay verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

govind

after entering the F6 can u elobarate step by step

becon i am trying but not wroking out.

going directly to the order screen.

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it can be done with Transaction Variant by using SHD0 transaction. In that you can select what ever the fields you want to display, required entries or hidden any tab also can be done.

Make all the setting and assign that variant to transaction code. So, when ever your are running that transaction code according to your requirement transaction will run.

Reward points if it is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot grey out the delivery date as it is a calculated date, it is determined by various factors.

Only the required del date can be changed. If u want to freeze this, then you can use transaction variant for this to grey out this field.

Reward if it helped

Chandru

former_member657499
Participant
0 Kudos

Abhay,

In my experience there is no config setting for greying out a field on a sales order based on Item category.

You can do this via GUI xT script - Its very simple code and easy to implement (check out their website for examples). The only other way is via core-mod that I don't recommend. GUI xT comes standard with your SAP GUI disc.

Raj A