cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save button is greyedOut

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just run JDTsetup.exe and have executed SAPIDE.exe to get to the NWDI development environment. I have entered the first step from a "HelloWorld" tutorial and when I went to save my work, noticed that the SAVE icon on the toolbar was greyed out. The dropdown menu item is also greyed out ... as well as the SaveAllMetadata, RollbackMetadata, SaveAs..., SaveAll, and Revert.

I have googled for about all of the keywords I can think of to find out how to get it so that I can save my work. Any ideas to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Dean Atteberry.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Let u try this,may b it works.....

First Close your NWDS.

1) Take a backup of your projects from the workspace and delete the .metadata folder from the workspace.

2) Then open the NDS, a new .metadata folder will be created and now you can try opening the NWDS it will open without error

3)Sometimes when your metadata of the NWDS is corrupted then your NWDS will not function properly.

4)Restart ur machine,then u check that SAVE METADATA icon....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First Close your NWDS.

1) Take a backup of your projects from the workspace and delete the .metadata folder from the workspace.

2) Then open the NDS, a new .metadata folder will be created and now you can try opening the NWDS it will open without error

3)Sometimes when your metadata of the NWDS is corrupted then your NWDS will not function properly.

4)Restart ur machine,after that u check whether button is enabling r not.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange. ! Re-install the IDE And why do you have to use both JDTsetup and SAPIDE..

Usually there will be a setup.exe or .IDE70setup.exe for higher version.. running this should suffice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, what I was trying to communicate was that I had just run JDTsetup to get NWDI installed. So this is my first time to use SAPIDE. Will re-install again and see if that helps.

Thank you!

Dean Atteberry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean ,

Before reinstalling just navigate to implementation and try to add a piece of code , check wether that is getting reflected or not.If it does nt then reinstall.

Thanx

Pankaj