cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Dictionary and SAP Portal Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to import an existing database definition into Java Dictionary and perform query within Java Dictionary (Dictionary DC) ? If it is possible, how to do such a thing?

I would like to access SAP Portal database, and make query from it, what is the best practice to do it? I would like to access the SAP Portal Database from Web Dynpro application. I know a way to do it is to create a session EJB and write all the query code over there, and then write a JavaBean which encapsulate the EJB and then use it as a model in web Dynpro. However, I would like to find out whether there is a better way to do it, perhaps, using Java dictionary ? Thank you very much.

Thanks,

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vidya_gugnani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Johannes,

Currently there is work underway to provide easier access to external dictionaries to

plug in to your WD application.This is of course not available yet.

1) What you have mentioned is a viable way to achieve this.

2) You could incorporate JDBC queries i.e your query code in your WD controller class which could also be a better solution.

However,you could always create a Dictionary DC with all your tables/structures/types

and define a dependency to these in your WD application.

i.e in your case a DC with your SAP Portal types and expose it via DC and use these

in your WD application.

In addition,just as a handy tip,you could create DDL scripts for your tables within a dictionary project for

the different databases .This option is provided to you in the context menu options in dictionary project.

Regards,

Vidya

Answers (0)