cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP to buy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ho Does anyone developed adapter module to use PGP encription.

i want to buy the adapter module and process to use it.

pls respond with suggestions and price.

i need it urgently.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've developed a PGP for SAP NW module. Take a look at http://www.aedaptive.com.

maciej_klimkowski
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Jeff,

I developed such adapter. Contact me via email at "maciej dot klimkowski at bcc dot com dot pl" if you are still interested.

Maciej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you buy the Module? How does its going? Please advise

We have tried to develop the Module and we implemented the 3rd party software too, but its not working for so many reasons.

Former Member
0 Kudos

maciej, we are trying to send some confidential data using the JMS adapter. Whether your module will work for the above scenario?

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jenni,

The module I have developed works with any adapter running on the J2EE side, JMS included. It is quite cheap

You can reach me at the above said address.

Cheers,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://www.bouncycastle.org also has an OpenPGP implementation. I have never worked it into an adapter module though.

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

I have one developed, tested and for sale, it's called "SB2B for SAP XI"

I guess we probably got already in touch via email, but I'm not sure. Should that not be the case, you can reach via email at "a dot guarneri at talentlab dot biz"

Regards,

Alex

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

With http://www.cryptography.ch I think you may get issues with the deployment of the library though as it has compiled OS specific binaries. You might have to deploy that manually if you went down that route.

Perhaps better than above is to do something like /message/2073686#2073686 [original link is broken]

Though still not a good solution as spawning external processes is horrible.

The best solution so far looks like Cryptix, and it's OpenPGP implementation, however that is OpenPGP not PGP, so is that acceptible? It would have the bonus of allowing easy implementation of any other crypto's that the library support

Cheers

James.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If PGP offer a Java API (I'm sure that either they, or the GNU equivilent will have) then it's a relatively easy job to create a file adapter module yourself (There's samples and guides around). I assume you just want to decrypt a file as it's read by the file adapter then pass the contents straight through to the pipeline?

You'll need to evaluate whether it's an issue that the plaintext will be quite visible in the pipeline (as well as perhaps at an OS level in dumps/swap/etc), so if something's has a strong encryption requirement like this then you may want to assess the security impact there first.

Also with PGP you may wish to check that any "enterprise" se of a licence of it's product is catered for, and for that reason may wish to look at the GNU alternative.

Cheers,

James Legg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you ahve already developed PGP encription Adapter module.

would you be willing to sell the source and concept to me.

as i have a task to use PGP but no knowledge of java or adapter module development.

Regards,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not done a pgp module before, but I have done manipulation of other wierd and wonderful file formats. I'll have a look and let you know how hard I think it would be, but I dont have free time to do this or support it.

If you can find someone with Java skills you'd be looking at about 2 days effort to code with basic unit testing, less if they've done this kind of thing before and more if you want bells and whistles, documentation and support through your testing cycles. Perhaps a 1 month XI contractor would be a good way to go?

Where/how are your keyrings stored?

Are the previous security impacts I mentioned an issue?

Cheers,

James.