Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adapter specific message attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prateek.

i just got one more doubt like .

if we r getting same file name at reciever side as sender file name by setting adapter specific message atributes then what is the need of placing sender file name under file acess parameters in source file.

one more doubt is .

where the file name will be present in this instance is it in paypoad r somewhere else.

waiting fro your response.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> hi prateek.

> i just got one more doubt like .

> if we r getting same file name at reciever side as

> sender file name by setting adapter specific message

> atributes then what is the need of placing sender

> file name under file acess parameters in source

> file.

> one more doubt is .

> where the file name will be present in this instance

> is it in paypoad r somewhere else.

> waiting fro your response.

> bye.

> regards.

> seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

<b>if we r getting same file name at reciever side as sender file name by setting adapter specific message atributes then what is the need of placing sender file name under file acess parameters in source file.</b>

Theoritically we dont need to place anything filename. But since filename is mandatory in file adapter you can just put dummy file name although it will not be counted at all.

<b>where the file name will be present in this instance is it in paypoad r somewhere else.</b>

It will be in the SOAP Header. Open this and you will have Dynamic configuration where you can see your filename.

-

Satish

Eventhough you asked prateek I replied becaue it is a community forum. Anyone can help you. Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks satish for u r well answer.

but i need to conform once again that so there is no use of placing filename at source and target under file acess parameters when we set adapter specific message atributes at both sides and one more doubt is.

u said thet the file name will be there at SOAP HEADER but iam new to xi i dont know where the soap header will be there. is it on filename r in payload.

waiting for u r answer.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seetha,

Regaring file name you need to place in sender file adapter. Otherwise which file will the sender file adapter read?

In the receiver file adapter doesnt matter which file name you give. You just have to give because it is mandatory.

To can see the file name in

Go to message monitoring , select the message.

In the left tab you will see <b> RESPONSE</b>. Below Response you will see <b>Dynamic Configuration</b>. If you select Dynamic Configuration you will see the filename in the right hand side.

Regards,

Sumit

ps : reward points if that helped u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Yes for source you have to give and for reciever you can just make it up. SOAP Header you have to see in sxmb_moni. Go to sxmb_moni and open your message and then in SOAP Header see the dynamic configuration. There you can see the filename. Check this weblog for your reference:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi satish.

thanks for u r answer.

but i got one more doubt like.

lets suppose for an instance if we put file name at source side under file acess parameters and at the same time if we put same filename at reciver side under file acess parameters then we can achieve same file name at reciver directory in reciever side server.

if this is the case then what is the use of setting adapter specific message atributes on sender,reciever side.

waiting for u r answer.

bye .

regards.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seeta Ram,

Adapter specific message attributes is applicable for dynamic purposes. What you are talking is static i.e, everything you are going to hardcode. In real time in very less situations you may get like this. If we do like this we will always have one file at a time from the source.

You cannot put * in the source file directory with static. In your particualr requirement what you say might be true but there are some requirements where you need dynamically. Then we will use it.

---Satish