cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Configuration Objects across SLD's

Terry_KPMG
Explorer
0 Kudos

My client has three SLD's - DEV, QA and PROD.

Since each SLD only knows about it's systems, there's only one group and therefore no transport targets. Naturally when they transported a receiver determination and interface determination object from QA to production, the business systems weren't changed.

What's the right way to transport configuration objects across SLD's?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Terry_KPMG
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies gentlemen!

Per your suggestions, I have exported the business & technical systems from the QA landscape and imported them into the DEV landscape. The development objects are organized in one group and the QA in another. The QA systems are properly configured as transport targets.

The problem we're experiencing occurs during import. When we import DEV objects like interface & receiver determinations into QA, XI is supposed to change the corresponding business system according to the transport target. ...that's not happening.

Our interface & receiver determination objects are being transported into QA and they still contain the DEV business systems. Can you shed any light why the transport targets aren't being "applied" during the transport process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi terry,

You have to define the transport targets the other way round...

Define groups in QA sld.Export TS & BS from Dev and import in QA Sld.

Similarly from transporting from QA to Production , you define transport targets in production SLD.

Cheers,

Sumit

ps : close this thread if this reply solves your problem.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Terry_KPMG
Explorer
0 Kudos

That was it! Thanks for your assistance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Terry,

pleasure is mine ..

Cheers,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Terry,

you need to define the transport target in your sld object.

Look out for comunication channel parameter, i think you have to insert it manually.

best regards

Claudio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

for the sld part, have a look at:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I hope that helps you!

Regards,

Jaime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

to transport configuration objects, you need to define

transport targets in SLD.

Refer the below for details..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/7a09d0d7d34b828a9740e322b9222c/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sumit