SAP ECC 6.0 / Active Directory Password synchronization

We have a need to synchronize our users Windows passwords (AD) to our SAP systems (ECC 6.0, BW 3.5, and SCM 5.0). We do not use CUA and currently do not use a Portal and are not looking at doing SSO. We simply want to have one repository (AD) that will manage passwords for our Windows apps as well as our SAP systems. So far, we have not found a way to do this. SAP Note 603208 says this kind of synchronizing is not possible due to encryptions, among other things. However, we did find a white paper that stated the following:

<i>The Management Agents delivered with MIIS generally support password management: <b>they can take a password from some source (either from a user password change from the Windows interface, or from a self-service web-based password reset interface) and can set the same password in the various connected systems</b>. The Management Agent developed by Oxford is no exception. To change a password in an R/3 System the Susr_User_Change_Password_Rfc function can be used, but this is only possible if the old password is known and the SAP system allows the password change for this user. In cases where the old password is not known (for example the setting of an initial password) the password can be reset using the BAPI_User_change function.</i>~snip

Does anyone have any information on how we can achieve the password synchronization between Active Directory and Abap-based SAP Systems?

I very much appreciate your time and help.