cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central User Administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i want to realize a central user administration between two different SAP Systems.

In an testing environment i realized it between two logical systems with different mandants in one SAP system.

Now it should work between two hosts. For example SAP1 192.168.150.1 and SAP2 192.168.150.2. What are the differences i have to consider?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only difference is that you have to define the same logical system name on both sides:

1. Cerate logical system name on SAP1 for SAP1 (sale -> sending receiving sys. -> log.sys. -> define log.sys)

2. Assign it to your mandant

3. Create the same (from step 1) logical system name on SAP2

4. On SAP2 create the RFC Destination with exactly the same name as your logical system defined in step 1 pointing to hostname or ip of SAP1 (this links remote logical system name with remote SAP system)

5. Do the same steps (1-4) from SAP2 point of view

Hope this helps.

-- Grzegorz Malewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx thats a helpful hint.

But how i can differentiate the logical systems when i define in which system the user will be send? If they have the same names it will be not clear which system is central and daughter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets take two systems with SIDs: “SA1” and “SA2”.

1. Cerate logical system name SA1MNDT100 on SA1 identifying mandant 100 on SA1

2. Assign it to mandant 100 in system SA1

3. Then on SA2 you have to tell that there is system named SA1MNDT100 ready for communication, so you must create logical system name SA1MNDT100 in SA2 but you don’t assign it to any mandant (because from SA2 point of view it is a remote system)

4. Then on SA2 create the RFC Destination with exactly the same name as your logical system defined in step 1 SA1MNDT100 pointing to hostname or ip of SA1/mandant 100 (this links remote logical system name with remote SAP system SA1)

5. Then on SA2 create different system name SA2MNDT500 indentifying mandant 500 on SA2

6. Assign it to mandant 500 in system SA2

7. Then on SA1 you have to tell that there is system named SA2MNDT500 ready for communication, so you must create logical system name SA2MNDT500 in SA1 but you don’t assign it to any mandant (because from SA1 point of view it is a remote system)

8. On SA1 cereate the RFC Destination named SA2MNDT500 pointing to SA2/manadt 500.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

-- Grzegorz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, i think it's clear now. I have only a documetation to realize it between two mandants on one SAP instance. I know that the configuration between other SAP instances will be different. Now, fortunately, i know how i have to start. Thanks for it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

NOt sure I understand what you want to do.

CUA is connected via RFC destination to a system and Client ("Mandant") and therefore the host is defined there.

For example I have CUA connected to 15 different Clients located on 7 different physical hosts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i want to connect different systems. In my testing environment i had to define logical systems and the mandants therefore. I'm not sure how to how to define that for other systems.

In the RFC destinations type r/3 i can define exactly the IP adresses of the system i want to connect.

How is the way to configure the logical system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each system has a "Logical System" definition your Basis guys should be able to clarify that for you. Off the top of my head I think it's defined in RZ04.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the question is how do I define Logical systems, then

try /nSALE -> Sending/Receiving Systems -> Logical System -> Define Logical System.

You then assign this LS to your client...