cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting adapter specific message attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi xi guroos.

i just got one doubt in a file to file scenario.

if i set adapter specifec message attributes in sender file CC.

and if i enabled file name checkbox.

some xi prof saying that the file at recievr directory will get created with the same filename which we r using at source directory .

if this is the case then no need to create any UDF for getting same file name i n mapping and one more doubt is

then what is the use of typing filename at reciever file adapter.

u r anwer will be appreciated.

waiting for u.

bey.

regards.

seeta ram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

apart from vat is already explained see the link below to get more help on end to end scenario

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70c89607-e4d9-2910-7280-f6746e96...

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes u will get the same file name.

Just check all the flag in sender file adapter in Adapter specific properties.And in reciver just check the first three. U will get the file with same name and same size...

Regards

Hemant

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>some xi prof saying that the file at recievr directory will get created with the same filename which we r using at source directory .</i>

Its true.

<i>if this is the case then no need to create any UDF for getting same file name i n mapping and one more doubt is</i>

By marking the checkbox, at receiver u could have the same filename as that of sender. But this is the only requirement, UDF is not required.

However if u want the filename as a value in Message mapping, u need the UDF. And moreover, there r many more header parameters that could be accessed in UDF

<i>then what is the use of typing filename at reciever file adapter.</i>

If u doesnt tick the checkbox (in most of the cases), then XI should know with which name file should be created

Hope each doubt is cleared

<i>[Reward if helpful]</i>

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pratik i cont get u.

i think u didnt understand my point.

my Q is if i check adapter specific message attributes at sender file adapter then what is the need of writing file name under source file acess paramters and the other one is if we want to put same file name at reciever as the senders file name then there is no need for writing UDF ?

now you can catch my point.

waiting for u.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

<i>if i check adapter specific message attributes at sender file adapter then what is the need of writing file name under source file acess paramters</i> - you will need to give source filename to tell XI which file to pick......then XI will pick your source file.........

<i>if we want to put same file name at reciever as the senders file name then there is no need for writing UDF</i> - for this thing, UDF is not required........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry .

what my point is if we can place file name of senders at reciver side by checking all check boxes on adapter specific attributes then what is the need of writing file name underfile acess parameters on target directory.

waiting for u r response.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

if you check adapter specific attributes at source side, then whatever name you give in reciver filename will not have any meaning as XI will take source filename in this case..........But since in creation of recever file adapter, it is a mandatory thing to fill target filename and target directory, so you need to fill it to activate your recever file adapter...........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rajeev .

its a great answer.

i never think like this Q will be answered so quickly.

ooops its wonder ful.

thans for u r excellent answer.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prateek.

i just got one more doubt like .

if we r getting same file name at reciever side as sender file name by setting adapter specific message atributes then what is the need of placing sender file name under file acess parameters in source file.

one more doubt is .

where the file name will be present in this instance is it in paypoad r somewhere else.

waiting fro your response.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.