cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BizTalk SAP Adapter 2.0 SP1 requires SAP .NET connector runtime 1.2.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

according to Microsoft MSDN article (see below) I'm supposed to find SAP .NET Connector version 1.2.3 at Service Marketplace. I have been there, BUT cannot find such a version (only 1.03 and 2.01).

Any advice?

MSDN article: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/ja-jp/library/aa578593.aspx

Regards Torstein

=================================

Download the SAP .NET Connector runtime 1.2.3 from SAP Service Marketplace Web site. The connector will be displayed as version 1.2.0.

You can use the Adapter’s design time components with only the .NET connector runtime installed. You can install the design-time as well, but it is not required.

Not Supported:

SAP .NET connector 2.0. This version is available only as a Visual Studio add-in and is not distributed as a runtime library. Since Visual Studio is not typically available on production servers and other BizTalk Server installations, the adapter supports only version 1.2.3. This version is available as an add-in and as a runtime library.

Side by side installation of SAP .NET connector 2.0 and SAP .NET connector 1.1.

警告

SAP .NET connector versions newer than 1.2.3 are not supported by the SAP Adapter. Installing newer versions side-by-side with version 1.2.3 is also not supported by the adapter.

==================

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Torstein,

I suggest to avoid using the sap adpater 2.0 as microsoft will not going to support it. Webservices is the best way to deal with that.

regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Microsoft only supports the NCo v1.0.3 with the BizTalk Server Adapter since there was no need to upgrade the adapter to the newer NCo version, that would haven't add any additional functionality or performance to the adapter. VS 2003 still supports the NCo.

If you use Web Services from BizTalk you will run into problems like transactional support or IDoc communication, features you have with using the BizTalk adapter for mySAP. The adapter also works with SAP systems who don't offer Web Service support, the Web service Interface is only available since Web AS 6.40.

Thanks,

- Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I completely agree with you. But now most of the companies are upgrading to VS2005. I guess VS2005 doesnot support NCo. In our compnay we ruled out using mySAP adpater because of this reason and more webservice is universal.

cheers

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

that's true, the SAP Connector for Microsoft .NET Design Time component does not support VS 2005. The runtime however is still supported. Since the BizTalk Adapter only uses the runtime it can still be used in VS 2005. SAP will not provide a new connector which works with VS 2005, instead of a new connector SAP will ship the ES Explorer with the next version of the Portal Development Kit, they had several presentations at SAPPHIRE about this topic.

Microsoft also developed a new set Line-of-business System adapters including SAP based on WCF, this adapters are currently in Beta and Microsoft applied for certification at SAP.

Thanks,

- Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Torstein,

you need to have the .Net Connector runtime version 1.0.3 installed (download at https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700004248302004E/SetupRuntime.ZIP) installed. The adapter is not working with version 2.0.1. Installation of the runtime is enough, you don't need the design time components for working with the BizTalk Adapter for SAP.

Thanks,

- Juergen