cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter in comm.channel green, but no message collecting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

looks like this is something really at the roots.

Ok, we are in NW2004s PI 7.0.

One IDOC process is successfully implemented.

Now we started with a file to file communication!

File sender adapter is configured and shown in status green in comm.channel monitoring which would bring me to the idea that the comm.channel is configured well (To be sure we changed the directory path in the comm.channel to a wrong one which results in an error. Ok, corrected. Now all lamps are green). Comm channel is activated and polling.

But... nothing happens. The Adapter is not collecting the file in the source directory (existing) and there is no entry in monitoring on RWB or SXMB_MONI.

In Adapter monitoring all adapters except the JPR (red) are with a GREY lamp!

As we had an issue with activating the adapters (adapter monitoring before did not show any adapter (except JPR) ) two days ago we are not sure if the current issue belongs to a mistake in the configuration or in basis environment.

From XI 3.0 side we would expect that the adapter monitoring should show adapters used in green.

Do you have experience with such a behaviour?

Any help is welcome!

regards

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk,

The fact that adapter monitoring shows almost every adapter as grey is correct, since for most adapters this has been moved to communication channel monitoring.

After you place a file in the source directory, does the communication channel in communication channel monitoring still show up without errors?

Kind regards,

Koen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dirk,

Adding to the comments above, maybethe folder in which you have placed the file is incorrect.

Make sure that the folder is correct, filename etc are correct ( case sensitiv ), try to make the mode as delete and give this a shot.

Also check for the cache notifications in ID to make sure everything in in Synch.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

we are near to bumping our heads against the server.

In comm.channel:

directory is : / (as simple as possible)

file name is : *.001

The file in the directory is named it_test.001 so it should be catched.

What can we do wrong?

By the way: If we change the directory to /out which is existing we have an (file is in this directory too) error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 /out: The system cannot find the file specified. '.

Cache is fine!

regards

Dirk

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dirk,

1. Maybe the file has some defautl extension <b>named it_test.001.txt</b> . Know it sounds dumb, but I have broken my head when the Windows OS, added the default extension to the file once.

2 . / --> Are you using FTP? Does this imply the root folder? Am not sure what directoy this / implies.

3. Maybe try a NFS and give things a shot.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>we are near to bumping our heads against the server.</i>

That is XI I guess .:-) At times even the most simple things can eat your brains away . All of us have done that at some stage or the other.

In the end it never is XI's fault. We just miss something obvious ( the obvious is not always obvious )

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk,

Does the FTP user you use have rights to read the contents of the folder you specify?

Regards,

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the following thread , might help you

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all you X(I)perts,

thank you for spending your time for my issue.

After the first head banged into the server ( we are currently trying to reanimate this developer) we found the solution on the desk of this guy.

He opened OSS 821267 and marked Q/A no. 2 (read only files).

Hurray, we got it! (nice hint here about: no error message in this case 😛 )

And the error message with the directory /out was solved with Q/A no. 39!

Best regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

check the logs in communication channel monitoring for that particular file channel and let us know .Also cross check that the file name and extension are proper.

Regards,

Yomesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to see all the Adapters (or) Only JPR is visible.

Check this :

JPR Self Test

http://host:50300/ProxyServer/jprselftest

Also, In SLD check a "Business System", that is associated with the Technical System of the type Web AS Java and with an XI Integration Server.

Regards,

Prateek