cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoamtic log off --- of SAP GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends...

can any one tell me how can we do the settings so that if a session is idle for 3 minutes it shuold be logged off automatically.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>rdisp/gui_auto_logout</b>

Maximum time of no input at the GUI, no need to restart the sap system after changing the parameter because it is dynamically switchable parameter the change is not permanent and will be lost when the server is restarted

<u>Parameter description:</u>

If no entry is made for rdisp/gui_auto_logout (in seconds), the frontend is automatically logged off.

If the parameter has the value 0, no automatic logoff

1) Goto <b>Rz11</b>( Maintain Profile Parameters)

2) Specify parameter <b>rdisp/gui_auto_logout</b> -->Click on <b>Display</b> > Click on <b>Change value</b>> Specify <b>current value 180</b>(i.e., 3 minutes) --><b>save.</b>

<b>Note: - If you want to set this parameter permanently than you have to change the parameter in RZ10 and parameter get effected only after system restart.

If change parameter in RZ11, the change is not permanent and will be lost when the server is restarted.</b>

regards,

kanthi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

You need to set the parameter <b>rdisp/gui_auto_logout</b> in your default profile.

1. goto rz10

2. select the start profile

3. Select on 'extended maintenace'

4. click on 'Change'

5. See whether you already have added this parameter in it or not. if yes then just select it and click on change tab and enter value for the parameter as 180

and save it.

if no such parameter is defined already just create it.

You can add this parameter in other profiles also but adding it in default profile will reduce the work of doing the same work on every application server..

Suggesstion: 3 minutes time seems to be very less and unpractical. I will suggest it to be kept as 10 minutes. If your system is not quite big ( in the sense of no.of users then you can go for bigger values also. )

Please confirm if found useful.

Cheers.

---Shamish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ..in my default profile i didnt find <b>rdisp/gui_auto_logout</b>

and iam trying to create it but iam not able to do tht plz ..help me in creating that .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Can you explain exactly what problem you are getting. Any error message or somthing.... explain in detail.

---Shamish

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem Solved...........