cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to create PPDS custom alert for "if the difference between receipt date and its pegged depdmd date is less then 2 days it should generate alert."

As only there is a PPDS alert "receipt is too early > ...... " but my requirement to change the > sign to < sign. then it would probbly solve my problem.

Is there any config setting through which we can do that?

Thanks!

Regards,

Hitesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You want an alert if a receipt is made/bought w/in 2 days of demand date?

So if its 3 days early, you don't want an alert?

I am not sure if that's possible...

SNP alerts use time buckets to determine alerts, its not order based.

You want an alert for a particular receipt element which only PP/DS can do.

I have not seen anyway to create custom PP/DS alerts either.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken!

Yes that what i was thinking but i thought if there is a way to do this. Anyways you confirmed me.

Ken- Do you have any idea if PPDS alerts store in database? if yes then where to see.

Else it is only possible if we make it custom. Please let me know if anybody have an idea.

Regards,

Hitesh.

Message was edited by:

Hitesh Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SNP will give you an alert for a receipt within 2 days of a requiremnt, but as Ken said this would have to be in daily buckets and at an aggregated level rather than for an individual receipt element (as SNP does not consider pegging). This is okay if you want to know if a particular product is too early/late, however using CBF you can narrow this down to one or more of your planning characteristics.

I am not sure, but I think because of the dynamic environment of PP/DS, each transaction generates it's own alerts "on the fly" based on the PP/DS profile assigned within the transaction. Hopefully someone can confirm this?

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could try creating one here at this client, but I haven't yet.

Look at OSS 495166: Tips and Tricks for Alert Monitor: (creating SDP alert types)

Try creating a new user executed macro that generates an alert w/o conditions to make sure the macro is correct.

Ken Snyder

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you add this alert to the alert profile? and assign the alert profile to your PB?

Are you seeing all other alerts that you want to see?

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Below Custom macro i have created:

8001-Warning-Stock Level(Short) -Variance in %-Less than

And macro : for making alert i use the condition as below

If (stock in hand )<1000

ALERT: CUSTOM MACRO

Attach attribute row stock in hand.

I have selected the profile and executed for selection but doesnot shown any results.

Can you please let me know what steps you performed?

Regards,

Hitesh

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was able to create my own custom SDP alerts...

Are you saying you couldn't get it to work?

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Yes i created one SDP custom alert, and when i tried using it into planing book using macros but it didn't show the alerts.

Could you please explain so that i will try out.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Hitesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all to help me at the right decision.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No PP/DS alerts are real time... so as far as I know, they are not stored anywhere.

But I will check... SDP alerts are stored in AM_ALERT.

In the meantime, look at OSS 781319: Creating a user-defined alert type.

Not sure if this will work, as I have never tried it.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ken,

Thanks for all your help!

Yes I have already tried this custom alert. We can create in SPRO in Maintain Alert Types for Supply & Demand Planning Config. Here you will able to see all Standard database alerts which we use in SDP.

For Custom alert, Alert type should be 8XXX or 9XXX, and then you can define your custom alert. But i have tried to use that in macros for planning book, but couldn't able to generate alert.

Thanks all of you for sharing your knowledge.

Regards,

Hitesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry re-read the message, now understand the requirements. As far as I know this is only possible in DP/SNP alerts, do you use the SNP planning books at all which will enable you to generate an alert to suit your requirement through alert macros.

regards

Ian

Message was edited by:

Ian Parkes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the quick response!

Yes we are using DP/SNP planning books, but can you explain in details how to go about it.

Regards,

Hitesh.

Message was edited by:

Hites Bansal