cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning messages in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

i declared few variables in my driver program for smart form ex:amount type i,duty type i.i declared them in the same manner in form interface->import .but when i activated it, i see the message as 'field amount has no defined value'.

i wrote all the code in my driver program and passed the internal table in the functionmodule.i didnt write any code in smartform except keeping the internal table in 'loop at'.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have faced the same problem. I think you are displaying it somewhere after the main window in that case it will generate a warning.

to remove the same, in the window where u r displaing this field use program lines to remove it

pass the same field as input and also as output and assign it like x = x.

this will not show any warnings

regards

Shiva

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Amount and quantity fields always defalut values '0'.

It will work.

Rgds,

Sairam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

jst give the field name in global defination>initialization>input parameter tab

The reason for this is.. in smartforms.. system will check weather you are passing the value o declered varialble.. it will identify only the fields enterd in Input and out put parameters of the initialization tab of the global declarations..

Note:.. when you are assigning the value to the variable in the initialization the don't forget to enter the field name in the input, output parameters of the Initialization or in Program lines(if u r changing the value in program lines)...

otherwise the value will not be printed off.

Reward if it is helpful.

Regards,

Omkar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinivas,

in smartform u must have used program lines. in that u must have used the amount quantity field so you only check whether u have passed the amount field in output parameter...of that program lines. thats all

hope this will solve ur problem...

please reward points incase usefull

regards,

prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srinivas,

just try this.

in the Global Definition u can find one tab called currency/quntity fields, there u can difine your field ,

u can define like this,

Field Name Reference Field Data Type

<fieldname> <quan/curr refernce field><quan/curr >

try it works,

regards,

seshu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"in the Global Definition u can find one tab called currency/quntity fields, there u can difine your field ,"

I can't find that tab in my smartforms "Global Definition", and i think i need it.

Regards

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Maintain the DEFAULT VALUE if the variable is in "Form Interface" too.

This Should solve your query.

Reward Points if useful.

Thanks,

Tej..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again Srinivas,

This normally happens to Amount fields or Currency fields so maintain the Default Value to be 0 (ZERO).

Reward Points.

Thanks,

Tej..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

In one of my Smartforms I too faced a similar problem and had to struggle to set it.

But its a simple solution.

In the GLOBAL DEFINITIONS in the variable name maintain DEFAULT VALUE to be 0 (ZERO).

This should solve the problem.

Reward Points.

Thanks,

Tej...

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanku for ur reply.u want me to declare all these variables in global definitions instead of 'import'&give default value 0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried but it's displaying the same message for some variables.i declred 'total type p','vat type p,' podate type d(date variable).i removed these variables from 'import'&placed them in global definitions.now the message is getting displayed for 'vat' &podate.please help.