cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload of package for ESS ERP 2004

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any other components I need to install ESS in ERP2004 other than the business package? I've deployed this via SDM, I've set up my SLD and JCo Destinations.

I have found the support packages for PCUI_GP_100 on service marketplace, but I cannot find the original install. Is the original part of the ESS or MSS installs, or am I just missing the area where the original install is located?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to install the XSS components for ESS and PCUI_GP_100 component into the J2EE engine. There is business package 6.0.2 for ESS that needs to be imported on the portal. I recommend that you determine the appropriate Stack and make sure that your component versions are consisitent. This includes the HR ABAP components, XSS components, ABAP, J2EE, portal. etc. Make sure you activate the HR add-in within the IMG.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Stephen.

Is there a difference between XSS components for the J2EE engine and the business package for ESS? When I dowloaded the business package from the portal content portfolio it included only an SCA file, which I uploaded. I was able to find a PCUI_GP_100 which I also installed.

Is there a single document somewhere that describes what all needs to be installed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...Yes there is a difference. There are two SCAs (ESS and PCUI) and a portal business package from iView studio.

The MySAP ERP Masterguide details the components. Go to Service Marketplace/downloads. You can find the pdfs in the install guides area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen King

ESS/XSS Web Dynpro SCA import in CMS to view source code

I am having problems importing ESS/XSS Web Dynpro related SCA in CMS.

Following steps were followed

1. Download following files from SAP service market place.

BPERP4ESS0_0-10003146.sca

ESS09_0-10002965.zip ( This file shows as SCA in the download page but download as with .zip)

PCUIGP009_0-20000568.zip ( This file shows as SCA in the download page but download as with .zip)

Question: Is this correct, did I get all I need? Do I need to download any more files?

2. Deployed above files using SDM.

3. Created a product in SLD and defined software component dependencies(SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS, SAP-JEE) I could define any of the above files(BPERP4ESS0_0-10003146, ESS09_0-10002965,PCUIGP009_0-20000568) as software dependencies as I could find in the software catlog.

Question: Should this files show up in the software catlog? If yes what should I do?

4. Created a track in CMS.

5. Added software components for development defined in the SLD. Above files doesn't show up under sap.com to be added as development component. I already copied BPERP4ESS0_0-10003146.sca, ESS09_0-10002965.zip,PCUIGP009_0-20000568.zip to D:\usr\sap\JTrans\CMS\inbox.

Question: How do I add this files to development components??

5. Required Software Components were automatically added when I added the development component.

Any help on this greatly appericated.

Thanks!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community

I have the same problem/situation:

- XSS already installed and I can't check-in into a track without upload make the again, via CMS/Inbox and I don't know the consequences of doing that

It’s quite urgent, please give us some help.

THANKS.