Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whether SAP WAS supports Adobe interactive form implementation done in J2EE

mona_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are develoing a J2EE application, where we will develop Adobe interactibe forms.

We need to know if the Adobe document services will support this implementation.

The main confusion is around documentation, which discusses Web Dynpro only.

Please guide.

Thanks in advnace

Mona

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

Eventually ADS has a web service interface. The Web Dynpro PDFDocument API eventually just uses this web service. In that perspective, it's technically certainly possible to generate PDFs and to import/export the data.xml and use other features in a standard J2EE application. A serious difficulty is that there's no documentation concerning this web service interface. It's more or less possible to figure that out yourself, but since the interface is not part of the public API, there's absolutely no guarantee it remains stable between different patches.

Bottomline: technically it's possible, even achievable, but I wouldn't advice this approach (and I doubt SAP supports it).

A much easier (but not that easy solution would be to call a Web Dynpro application (without a UI) from a J2EE application where the Web Dynpro application uses the PDFDocument API (NW04s) or PDFObject API (NW04). Maybe you can even use the Web Dynpro API directly from within a J2EE application? There's certainly no issue at compile time, but I'm not sure which references you need at runtime.

Kind regards,

Sigiswald

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is possibble the ADS takes SOAP reqests, and responses also with SOAP response as any normal webservice.

We do not have documentation how to develop webservice client for this service.

You can trace how the request looks like, and what is needed to generate a PDF.

The trace is a good point to start.

SAP Supports only standard solutions.

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

where on the ADS can I trace the soap-data-stream?

Best regards

Oliver Prodinger

Answers (0)